Wicked Good Charcoal Weekend Warrior

Midnight Smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We had some Talk about this in the past. I tried some for the first time last weekend. Had no trouble getting it lit.

I have tried BGE and Royal Oak (same) Lazzari and a couple others. I have to say the aroma of the Smoke with the WG was outstanding. It really put off a nice smoke smell. Burned pretty even and long. A little expensive, $22.00 for a 22lb bag but worth it for the quality.

I know everyones smeller is different but I was impressed.

I did some beef ribs and the flavor was awesome. Even thought the ribs were less than meaty.

The Weekend Warrior is what I use all the time. Been using it for about 3 years and it certainly does smell good. I get it directly from the distributor so it's a bit less expensive, but you have to buy a pallet at a time. That's OK, I never run out of Lump! If you can get it, try their briquettes. Made from the same wood with a starch binder to hold it together. Smells similar to the lump, burns very evenly but does create more ash.

I use the weekend warrior briquettes and wouldn't use anything else. They work great, the ash is pretty reasonable, and the smell is perfect. They burn clean and let the wood flavor the meat.

I couldn't agree with you more...love the product...hate the price! :p

Hey Pork Smoker, where did you find the wicked Good Lump?? I am running low on my royal oak and wally world does not have it in.

Hey Pork Smoker, where did you find the wicked Good Lump?? I am running low on my royal oak and wally world does not have it in.

I am thinking Walmart may be discontinuing selling the RO, Hard to find in Tucson. One store had it here so I picked up 10 bags. Last trip to Yuma I found some too.

The WickedGood you can get in Tempe at Smokin Cholla. http://smokingcholla.com/

That looks like the guy that put on the Eggfest?? Does he have a lot of it and is that were you got it??

I might look at ordering it by the pallet, as I took Wally Worlds last 20 bags of RO back in November.

thanks

That looks like the guy that put on the Eggfest?? Does he have a lot of it and is that were you got it??

I might look at ordering it by the pallet, as I took Wally Worlds last 20 bags of RO back in November.

thanks

Same guy. That is where I got it at the Eggfest. Don't know how much he has but leave a bag or 2 for me to pick up next Tuesday. He also says they carry Real Montana Charcoal.

thanks, I will call I think his name is Scott and see what he has. Are you driving up north just for the Charcoal?? I love the dedication.

I will have to try out the Real Montana too.

PS - I did not hear a lot about the eggfest, how was it??

Thanks

I use the weekend warrior briquettes and wouldn't use anything else. They work great, the ash is pretty reasonable, and the smell is perfect. They burn clean and let the wood flavor the meat.
Aubry where are you getting the wicked briquettes?

I have not tried the WG yet mainly because of the price. For those who have used it is it really worth the price? I am currently using mostly Ozark Oak and Royal Oak. They are about half the price of the Wicked Good.

I have not tried the WG yet mainly because of the price. For those who have used it is it really worth the price? I am currently using mostly Ozark Oak and Royal Oak. They are about half the price of the Wicked Good.

I ordered about 40 pounds for $50 including shipping from The Charcoal Store to try. Thought it was a little pricey. But that was when I was using the SnP. Forty pounds didn't last very long. Now that I am using the UDS, 40 pounds would probably last all summer. :biggrin:

Dave

Wicked and Hump lump are on my list to try. I never hear anything bad about these.

Rick

I ordered about 40 pounds for $50 including shipping from The Charcoal Store to try. Thought it was a little pricey. But that was when I was using the SnP. Forty pounds didn't last very long. Now that I am using the UDS, 40 pounds would probably last all summer. :biggrin:

Dave

Oh, I forgot to mention, I thought the stuff was great. May order some more once I get through the 40 pounds of Lazzari mesquite that I bought.

Dave

Back