• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any Tips/Tricks for doing Smoked Pizza?

I recommend indirect heat or a diverter. Cook between 400 - 500 degrees. If you are not using a guru, rotate the pizza about half way through the cook.

I like to buy dough from a local pizza shop. It's always fresh and they give me aboiut 3#s of dough for $3. I cut some off and make garlic knots with the pizza.

I typically flatten it out into a circle. Lightly coat dough with olive oil. Use a light coat of tomato sauce. Add oregano. Top with Mozzarella. Throw in the smoker at 400. Cook 8 minutes. Rotate 180 degrees. Cook another 6-8 minutes. Enjoy.

I cook pizza on a screen in the UDS instead of a pan for crispy crust. I cook with all vents wide open and no diffuser so it is direct heat but up high ( same as the top rack in your WSM) and the temp is around 450 in my set up. The pizza cooks in 10 to 14 minutes. I rotate the pizza for even cooking. If you use a screen make sure you spray it with pam or it will be impossible to get it off. Don't ask how I know this.

Pizza screen or if you're using a stone, place your skin on parchment paper trimmed to size.

Smoke the ingredients, but you need more heat for the dough. A pizza stone works great.

We like to smoke ours, but lately we make Calzones instead of straight pizza

Red Sky Pizza Stone is a beautiful thing. 12 inch cast iron skillet also does a great job.

I have found you do not need to spray as long as you coat your dough with flour first.

Final Product! Let me know what you think! :decision:

Attachments

• Pizza Done 1.JPG
    Pizza Done 1.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Pizza Done 2.JPG
    Pizza Done 2.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Pizza Done 3.JPG
    Pizza Done 3.JPG
    154.9 KB · Views: 81
That's nice. I have to make pizza. I think I'm ready. Hope mine comes out as nice as yours.

At least for me, on my Lang, I find that cast iron produces a superior pizza. Stones work okay, but man, I love that CI pizza! :-D

I will do it in the CI skillet when I fire up the big WSM. I did this one on the mini WSM, so space was pretty limited. I used a modified version of a $.96, 12" pizza pan from walmart.

Back