• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I was board

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Decided to make some home made Kaiser rolls. I think they would make a great sandwhich. the top veiw picture looks blan compared to the others. its probably cuz my flash didnt go off.

Wow those look great! Nice work. Would love one for a late night sandwich.

LT, those look fantastic. When in Japan a place did those homemade and filled with corned beef. They were awsome!!

LT, those look fantastic. When in Japan a place did those homemade and filled with corned beef. They were awsome!!
Thanx guys. Tehy are pretty tasty. if you want the recipe let me know and ill post it..I was thinking of stuffing them with a spicy pulled pork mixture. OR makin a black forest ham, dry salami and sharp cheddar or Swiss sammy

Sometimes I feel like a board....when I had to much smokes!:becky::wink:
Don't care what kind of meat you throw on there,I'd hit it anyways!

the recipe

As requested here is the recipe.

3 cups total liquid. This means 3 egg whites plus enough luke warm water to make 3 cups of liquid. I hope that makes sense.

1.5tblsp yeast
1.5tblsp kosher salt
6.5 to 7 cups all purpose unbleached flour(depending on altitude, i had to add a lil extra to make the dough a we bit dryer so it would hold its shape)

in a 5 qrt bowl, mix yeast,salt and liquids. Add in the flour and mix with either a wooden spoon, a machine or hands. Do NOT knead the dough.

The dough will be somewhat sticky and wet. If you have ever made bread from artisan bread in five min a day, this dough is based off of the master recipe. I just added a lil more flour to the dough so it was not as wet and sticky as the master recipe.

Once dough is mixed, cover, but not air tight and let rise till double in size. About 2 hours. i let mine rise on the counter for 15 hours cuz i had work and school. Nice sourdough flavor to it.

Once dough is ready, tear off 3-4 oz pieces and and shape into rolls. let rise for 30 min. brush with egg white and sprinkle with poppy seeds or any seed mixture you like. if dough is still to sticky and not holding a shape, roll dough in a little flour.

i rolled my dough into a circle and folded with a 5 fold structure.

images

Preheat oven to 450 with baking stone on center shelf and a broiler pan under the stone. Once oven is done pre heating, place rolls on stone and pour one cup of hot water into NON GLASS broiler pan. bake for 25-30 min or until golden brown.

Enjoy

Those look awesome! What I wouldn't give for some porkroll and a decent kaiser roll here in Ohio!

Jeff

OMG, baking, i'm not very good at that but am willing to learn. :crazy:
I SUCKED at it till i got that artisan bread in five min a day book. It makes baking way easier for me. I dont have an electric mixer so i do it the old school way, a wooden spoon and me hands..

Back