can you use these pellets

I'm iffy on the walnut. Have heard mixed reviews, especially for black walnut. See if you can get a sample and try it out. There is no problem with oak.

How many tons are you thinking of getting?

They are going to give me three bags to do a long cook. We will see what happens.

OC do they use a binder with their sawdust when they make the pellets? If so be very careful because of the residue from the smoke on your food. Food grade pellets are made without any binder in them and are put under extreme pressure to hold them together. Wood stove pellets are made with a binder to hold them together and it is less expensive to make. Hope that helps.

OC do they use a binder with their sawdust when they make the pellets? If so be very careful because of the residue from the smoke on your food. Food grade pellets are made without any binder in them and are put under extreme pressure to hold them together. Wood stove pellets are made with a binder to hold them together and it is less expensive to make. Hope that helps.

you are very correct, I talked to Fast Eddy (living in K.C does have advantages :icon_cool)about using other pellets, he told me that they do use binders thats easier on the pellet machine, making food grade is alot harder to make, it's hard on the machines down to the grease they lube the cutters to make food pellets.

Back