Need help with numbers.

Norcoredneck

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Going to help with neighbors party. They are planning for @150 big eaters. They want Tri Tip, chicken and pork, plus beans along with other sides. They have someone giving 100# of tri tip so that is covered. Need help with estimate for pulled pork, chicken and beans. Any help? Thanks.

Going to help with neighbors party. They are planning for @150 big eaters. They want Tri Tip, chicken and pork, plus beans along with other sides. They have someone giving 100# of tri tip so that is covered. Need help with estimate for pulled pork, chicken and beans. Any help? Thanks.

6 - 8 cans of beans (I would do 8, 85 lbs uncooked Pork butt, case of boneless, skiness thigh for RD (Approx. 110 pieces)

I agree with Rancho Rocke.
It sounds like you will actually have a little bit too much tri-tip. That is good. Chris Rocke reccomends boneless skinless chicken, which works great if the serving time is tight. Boneless skinless sometimes dries out on the serving table sitting in chafing trays. If the serving time is going to be over a period of time I would suggest buying 19 or 20 whole chickens and cooking them as half chickens and then splitting each half into 4 pieces. This will assure moist chicken and will probably be less expensive.

I never use canned beans but I am sure that Rocke's numbers are correct. If you use dried beans and cook them yourselves---it is less costly product wise--but more costly labor wise. If you want to cook beans IM me for recipes. You may prefer canned.

Pulled pork amount looks right on.

Hope you have an awesome event.

Back