Spring 2018 Tri-State Bash Planning

93_confirmed

Take a breath!
Reaction score
To my knowledge there hasn't been a get together in the NJ/PA/NY area (at least recently) so I wanted to create a thread to see how much interest there is in a get together next Spring.

If you're in the area and interested in an event drop a note and if/when we get enough interest we can start discussing location, dates, etc. :thumb:

I'm interested. Long ago we used to get together at one of the NYC restaurants. This allowed for a lot of people to attend give the transportation ease. I'm up for this or cooking on site. I know Bigbears tried setting something up and it just never got off the ground. I'm surprised in the lack of interest as these things are always fun.

Good luck and let me know where and when. Thanks for doing this.

Might be interested. If I can get the time off. If it's cook on site deal, I am really interested. I have to introduce you guys to spoinks.

Let's get something going. Does it matter how many people we get? If we start it and make it an annual thing it will grow. We have a local park that we could rent a pavilion at. We would have to get an alcohol permit from the park if we want that. We have a state park but alcohol is a major no no in the state parks in PA. We could always look into a campground and get a group area of sites reserved and each pay for our own site. Set it up as a comp style setting and have a pot luck and just hang out with beer and food. Overnight cooks. Just some ideas. I just want to hang out, drink beer, and cook. Maybe share recipes and cooking advice. Just throwing some ideas out there.

I st you have to set a date, then a location after that everything should fall into place.

Id be in depending on how far west it ends up being. Dont have the means for NYC or anything.

Count me in.....if I am available for the date selected. :thumb:

Last edited:
I've never camped out aside from the backyard when I was a kid, but I'm game to do it. What are the basics I may need. Don't anyone say a tent.

Y'all have got me watching this thread.

I've got a friend in Pittsburgh I could probably hitch a ride with . . .

So would most people prefer this to be a multiple day event or one and done. That would determine the type of location we would need

Last edited:
I think we would get more participation with a single day event. Maybe just do a single day for this one and if it catches on gauge interest in a two day event in the future.

Back