• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

*******restaurant depot credit/ debit cards hacked******

Unless it's changed with a guest pass you were only allowed to pay cash , no credit or debit

I shopped at one in L.A. on a day pass and used a credit card. I don't think I was there during that time frame though. :pray:

Contacting my CC company today…

I didn’t get a letter but don’t think I ever would… I got my card just when KCBS offered it and have held on to it since. The membership is under their name…

Well FARK!
I was just there after T-Day, but pretty sure I was also there in October.
I'll have to check. I always use my debit card to make purchases while there too. Jimmy (indianagriller) told me about this thread so I had to check it out to see the details.

Thanks for the heads up SN!

From Discover

Brethren ~ I used my Discover card at RD early November with a KCBS day pass. I received new cards Saturday but with the same account number. When I called to activate, the recording said that I have used my card at a retailer which has reported a compromised database. I spoke with Discover's security team and although they would not give me any names, against regulations, I knew which database had been compromised because of you guys. The security guy said extra coding had been added to the magnetic strip so hopefully I won't need to change my account. However, if an unauthorized charge does appear, I will have no choice but to get a new Discover account.

On a different note but RD related ~ I went in to the Norcross store with my Federal Tax Id hoping to get a membership. No luck ~ the receptionist insisted on a business license.

I'll continue using KCBS one day passes and I'll pay cash!

My bank notified me that a business where I had used my card was hacked. They issued me a new card that came a week after the notice. I am pretty sure this was the reason.

I got the letter today too and had my cards cancelled and reissued. Hard to imagine that it lasted for 2 months before it was discovered. At least some of you had good banking institutions that knew about the hacking.

No notice but my bank, Chase, stopped my card after suspicious activity ie. charge in Ohio at a Macy's, donation to American Red Cross in Washington DC and a purchase in Florida. Had several thousand dollars tied up for a few weeks until they investigated and refunded my account. Will be having a conversation tomorrow with RD where I used my card during the period and will have to check to see if the new one was used in the same time frame. $%#$$ fratz. It is a real pain in the a$$. Thanks for the info, was trying to figure out where my card was compromised.

RD did say they would pay for any expenses incurred by your bank for those whose card info was hacked.

Me too

Just got a new card in the mail from my bank with a letter stating that my account was compromised. We were at RD 3 times during that time frame. No charges have been made though. Thank god!

Man do I feel lucky last charge was 11/22/11...None during the time period, hope they got the dates right!

They got mine too, I feel bad however, because I blamed another merchant. :oops:

Although I had purchased at RD in during that time, my charge was only about $30 bucks. Citibank caught the the account after they had cloned the card and charged $190 bucks at a Target in another state. When they tried to charge another $190 bucks, they stopped it and called me.

I got the call last night from my Visa provider. Someone attempted to use my card in Tampa. Not sure if I'd gotten any notice before that- most stuff coming from the CC company looks promotional and gets tossed, and I didn't get anything from RD.

Not that big a deal, except for the couple days that I'll wait to get a new card. This is one thing that my credit card providers are good at. I just turned Amex loose on AT&T b/c I ordered and returned a replacement DSL modem separate from my service acct (in my wife's name). It turned out I just needed a power cord. AT&T was completely unable to find the order or the return to figure out why I didn't get the credit.

This is happening at other businesses too.

On a news channel up here just the other day there was a story about a pizza restaurant that had their customer credit cards hacked. Once this pizza place found it they upgraded to a more secure system but this wasnt done until after they discovered it.

I am not understanding why these businesses are not with much more secure systems to start with.

They got mine too, I feel bad however, because I blamed another merchant. :oops:

Although I had purchased at RD in during that time, my charge was only about $30 bucks. Citibank caught the the account after they had cloned the card and charged $190 bucks at a Target in another state. When they tried to charge another $190 bucks, they stopped it and called me.

Yep...they got me too. I was blaming my wife for inadvertently giving it out somewhere. Guess I'll have my crow with salt & pepper.

Citibank called about 2 weeks ago. Said a test charge came thru, then an immediate charge to a place in Great Britain. They denied both, called us, and re-issued cards. We just got the new ones 3-4 days ago. How do we sign up for the 1 year of credit protection?

Back