• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Upgrading my cook area

Very nice outdoor room. I have recessed lighting on my back patio. My light are on two circuits with a dimmer on each. Make sure to wire it for a ceiling fan and speakers and cable tv. Much easier now to hide the wiring in the ceiling. Also consider electric outlets in the collumns. We have used those for Xmas lights, electric fans, smokers, etc.

A little, but I'm having a chimney installed that will connect to the smoke stack on my smoker. I figure a little smoke up there will only add some character. I'm also going to have a couple of ceiling fans as well, which should help keep smoke from building up under there.

Our carport has a white ceiling and we really aren't having much of a problem since it's open to the elements on three sides.

Looks great, you're going to love having that this summer. I would agree with javahog, go ahead and wire it for any future possibilities.

Add three fingers of single malt with a splash and a Fuente...

Beautiful upgrade!

Now your speaken my language......................

Very nice addition your adding there. I see lots of great times ahead, hope the weather cooperates.

Very nice outdoor room. I have recessed lighting on my back patio. My light are on two circuits with a dimmer on each. Make sure to wire it for a ceiling fan and speakers and cable tv. Much easier now to hide the wiring in the ceiling. Also consider electric outlets in the collumns. We have used those for Xmas lights, electric fans, smokers, etc.

I'm doing something similar as each row of lights is on an alternating circuit with a dimmer. I'll have two outdoor rated ceiling fans and outlets in and outside the utility closet (not yet built). I'm also having a floor drain installed next to the smoker which will tie into the gutter drains. I hadn't thought about having TV out there, but now that you mention it... hmmmm.

Our carport has a white ceiling and we really aren't having much of a problem since it's open to the elements on three sides.

My old carport had a flat metal roof. I never had a problem when it was just my grill or the small upright dual-fuel smoker, but after I got the Klose BYC in there, the volume of smoke hitting the low ceiling started turning it black. That was made worse when condensation on the underside turned it into black rain. I was able to remedy that by adding a smoke stack extension which took the smoke out and above the carport.

My old carport had a flat metal roof. I never had a problem when it was just my grill or the small upright dual-fuel smoker, but after I got the Klose BYC in there, the volume of smoke hitting the low ceiling started turning it black. That was made worse when condensation on the underside turned it into black rain. I was able to remedy that by adding a smoke stack extension which took the smoke out and above the carport.

Ah. That makes sense. The largest smoker we have is the Cajun Bandit, which we pretty much only use for very long cooks, and once it settles in the volume of smoke is negligible I imagine compared to your BYC.

A few more progress pics. Supposed to have clear weather next week, so maybe the brick layer can do his part and we can wrap up this project.

The ceiling boards are up. The nail holes will get filled and minor scuffs will get touched up in the next few days.

picture.php

The skylight above the cooker has been trimmed out.

picture.php

Another view of the same:

picture.php

Encouraging sign that the mote will soon disappear:

picture.php

Who knows, I might have my cooker in its new place by next weekend. :whoo:

Not sure how I missed this till now - but dang! Looks fantastic! Great choices and very nice work! :clap2:

Back