View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 11:29 AM   #3222
BigDaveBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Dave

Wow.......... I was referred to this thread from another member after he commented on a post I made. I started reading at 9PM last night, made it to page 117 before I passed out @ 12:51 with my phone in my hand. Woke up at 5:45 AM and just finished about 30 minutes ago. I needed to take some time to get through the roller coaster of emotion. All I have to say is I echo everyone else "YOU NEED TO WRITE A BOOK". You mentioned that you were a writer prior to the original prized pig, well sounds like you got a nice chunk of change sitting on the back burner should you find the time to make it happen.

From the front -end issues that arose from buying the building, dealing with contractors, city, health department, mechanics, and contractors. You have experienced a lifetime of events in 2 years, from the tragic death in your restaurant to a divorce I bet you never thought would happen the day you stood at the altar. The stress you endured I am surprised all you ever had health wise was to be put on blood pressure medicine.

Being the industry for 15 years an opening over a dozen restaurants I know the physical and emotional demand first hand. The road blocks, and the long hours’ day in and day out. Each time I clicked next and awaited an update post I kept looking for a "relationship" or date night, vacation note included. Only because again, I know it all too familiar. People end up marrying their restaurant. The family and significant other see the success and wonder why you do not just pass the keys off and collect a check. It sounds like you have the same bones as me, I have way more attention to detail than others. No matter how much I train and teach the next person, it is not perfect. Sounds like we share that like minded programming that cannot be shut off. So when your update came regarding your marriage, I knew it was coming. I hope you have found solitude in it all and are at peace with that portion of your life.

If you have not been able to realize from the amount of support the last 6 years, you found your calling. You have a skill that most cannot repeat. You are part of the culinary 1%. The 1% of people that start up a restaurant to follow their dreams and have a line out the door and nearly sell out every day and have to turn away business. It is so rare I cannot even begin to explain, but I am sure after your time traveling and socializing, it is not the first time you are hearing that. It is great to see people find the value in the knowledge that you attained. No matter how rocky of a road that you had to take in order to get to where you are now, you have the key to help people succeed.

This has helped me a lot to see the journey and follow along.

I wish you nothing but new success and thank you for taking the time to post updates through your trails and tribulations. Even when times were at a low you came here and made a post.

Can't wait to read the paperback
BigDaveBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->