• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Interesting uses for grills besides cooking...

MotorCityBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
So maybe I've been going a little crazy lately (smoke inhalation?) but what interesting uses for grills besides cooking do you have?

I want to turn a few smokey joe's into an herb pot next to the grills. Just haven't come across any cheap/free yet. Sacrilege?

I've seen a pic of a smokey joe garage light fixture and grills for storage, that type of thing.

Just a conversation starter.

I think it would be ok if you used what you grew to feed an animal you were going to eat. Otherwise.....

I had thought about building what appears to be a drum set, out of grills, etc..

Use a 22.5 kettle as sort of a laid down kick drum, a couple smokey joes as tom-tom's, and one of those cheap brinkman smokers as the floor tom. The lid from the brinkman could be put on a stand as the snare drum, and the lid from the webers could be hung as cymbals. Maybe a stand with a couple cast iron skillets for the high-hat.

If you used drum stands, you may be able to tilt smokey joes to look like a drum set, but still stand them upright to use as normal.

(Oh, wait....my idea would be an interesting use, in addition to cooking.) Hahaha.

If you really want to re-purpose it, maybe a nice ice chest. or would that be ice kettle?

If they are still able to cook food, them give to your buddies who may need a little help in the outdoor cooking dept.

Speaking of light fixtures. Old steel or aluminum stadium lights upside down Inserted into a terra cotta flower pot with a charcoal and grilling grate installed would make a fantastic hibachi.

Maybe next post will be interesting things you can make into a grill!

:idea: On an offset smoker strap the doors shut, slide a TATER down the smokestack pipe, spray aqua velva hair spray into the firebox and lite it off with extended lighter and my friend you now have a tater gun/mortar. :razz: :caked:

:idea: On an offset smoker strap the doors shut, slide a TATER down the smokestack pipe, spray aqua velva hair spray into the firebox and lite it off with extended lighter and my friend you now have a tater gun/mortar. :razz: :caked:

If you weld in expanded metal in the top of the stack and load taters from the inside. That's a pretty cool way to make French fries!!!

I've seen a pic of a smokey joe garage light fixture and grills for storage, that type of thing.

Just a conversation starter.

Actually, if you had a stray lid, a hanging Weber lid lamp would be kinda' cool.

CD

Back