• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

26.75 in. Weber Kettle mods?

N

nralover

Has anyone tried turning the big kettle into a mobile cooking station like the 22.5 in. Performer?

I have one, but have not done anything to it. Side table would be a nice addition but other than that I cant think of a change I would do to it. The cover has not been off my gasser since I got the Weber

I have two. Eventually, once it makes it up the priority list I plan to build a large "BGE" type table for them. The table, however will probably not be all that mobile.

The BGE table was my first thought as well, but prolly XL size table. The only other thought I had was to see about using Corian in stead of wood for the top. Alternatively you could get quartz or granite tile. You can also use 1/4" black iron with elbows for the frame. Nice industrial look, and closer to the Performer appearance. If they ever come out with a 26" performer, and I'll be balancing my checkbook!

dmp

Great, now I'm thinking about table mods for my Ranch Kettle...

they have a ranch kettle table- I believe some refer to it as a patio or deck:). How much can you guys fit on a 26.75 inch kettle?

Just Bumping An Older thread....I Love my 26.75 and Am Thinking of Getting a second.. Its a Usefull tool !! It really makes my 22.5 ots Look small !!
Thinking of Doing some sort of table mod.

DSC01064.jpg

I have one with no mods. I've been thinking about making a Cajun Bandit style extension for it, unless someone is selling one already?

I would love a rotisserie ring. I would do so many things with it besides just spin meats.

Other than that, a side table.

The BGE table was my first thought as well, but prolly XL size table. The only other thought I had was to see about using Corian in stead of wood for the top. Alternatively you could get quartz or granite tile. You can also use 1/4" black iron with elbows for the frame. Nice industrial look, and closer to the Performer appearance. If they ever come out with a 26" performer, and I'll be balancing my checkbook!

dmp

I know this post is >1yo, but I don't think Corian will stand the heat if anyone was thinking about using it. It is basically a big block of dried glue, and will melt with the heat off a grill. Ask anyone who has set a hot pot on a Corian counter.

Do u think they will ever make a 26.75 WSM? Not that I'm running out of room on my 18.5 WSM but wouldn't that be huge!

Yep I have one and love cooking on it. I have three kettles and it's the one that gets the most use.

i-XMZwv3M-M.jpg

No mods to mine but some great ideas on this thread, thanks!

I absolutely love my 26 - the only thing that bugs me about it is there doesn't seem to be rotisserie attachments for it - not that I'm aware of anyway. A Cajun Bandit conversion would be sa-weet as well.

Do u think they will ever make a 26.75 WSM? Not that I'm running out of room on my 18.5 WSM but wouldn't that be huge!

Doubt it, but the lid of my vintage 26" Weber kettle fits on my 85 gallon UDS, and it has 2 grates!

Back