Took my first competition cooking class today.......you are all DOOMED!!!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
:laugh:

Just got home from Scottie's Cance Sucks Chicago BBQ class.
GREAT time. Great class, learned a lot, met some quality folks and supported a great cause!

Thanks again Scottie!:clap2:

I'll see you guys on the circuit this summer!

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

Now.....where did I put my note pad......
:becky:

I would love to attend Scottie's class. Just never can seem to put it in the schedule soon enough.

Thanks, great meeting you and talking some Q. Good luck this year and let me know if you need any help with that new pit.

Hey Wampus - do you see value in taking a comp cooking class for someone who has no desire to comp cook, but just wants to learn more?

I like the way you think... fits into my plan perfectly:icon_cool

:laugh:

Just got home from Scottie's Cance Sucks Chicago BBQ class.
GREAT time. Great class, learned a lot, met some quality folks and supported a great cause!

Thanks again Scottie!:clap2:

I'll see you guys on the circuit this summer!

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:

Now.....where did I put my note pad......
:becky:

Hey Wampus - do you see value in taking a comp cooking class for someone who has no desire to comp cook, but just wants to learn more?

Honestly, if I weren't diving in to competition BBQ, I never would have taken the class. The classes (at least this class) are literally all about prepping, trimming, seasoning, cooking and presenting competition style Q. I'm not saying that you can't learn anything new there, but honestly, and I can't say that I have nothing more to learn about backyard Q, but this forum alone offers pretty much all you need to learn about backyard Q. That and practice! This is my opinion, of course, but hey....that's what you asked for!

These classes are really about one team's exact process, flavors, etc. There's not much "general BBQ" info there, because it's assumed that all those in the class are already BBQ cooks and know the basics. I did learn a couple of things about food science, the stall, etc., but there's cheaper ways to learn about that stuff!

BUT....for what I wanted out of it.....it was priceless and exactly what I was looking for! I want to win in comps and I was able to learn the exact techniques from a proven World Champion!

Honestly, if I weren't diving in to competition BBQ, I never would have taken the class. The classes (at least this class) are literally all about prepping, trimming, seasoning, cooking and presenting competition style Q. I'm not saying that you can't learn anything new there, but honestly, and I can't say that I have nothing more to learn about backyard Q, but this forum alone offers pretty much all you need to learn about backyard Q. That and practice! This is my opinion, of course, but hey....that's what you asked for!

These classes are really about one team's exact process, flavors, etc. There's not much "general BBQ" info there, because it's assumed that all those in the class are already BBQ cooks and know the basics. I did learn a couple of things about food science, the stall, etc., but there's cheaper ways to learn about that stuff!

BUT....for what I wanted out of it.....it was priceless and exactly what I was looking for! I want to win in comps and I was able to learn the exact techniques from a proven World Champion!

Scottie and Mike's techniques work well in Michigan. See you soon!

Back