• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Awesome my WSM is assembled

Ruger410

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My WSM arrived early. I just got done assembly now I need charcoal. The only bad thing is that amazon did not ship my charcoal starter what can I do to fire this beast up? Also what is the reason for that rubber peice I had to put in that hole in the middle section?

the rubber piece is a grommet for a hole in the midsection to allow you to pass a temp probe through. Got lighter fluid ;) j/k did you get the weber starter cubes? put one down, light it and start putting some coals on top until you have them lit. Get smoking

Make a pyramid of charcoal in the basket, and run a propane torch under there until you get some lit. Or, take some newspaper, ball it up really well, and dump some cooking oil on there, then build a charcoal pile around and on it. Light it and add more charcoal as time allows. Enjoy it! I love my WSM.

Ok cool I'm going to go to lowes and get some charcoal I'll look for starter cubes. I figured the charcoal ring would have been deeper ,maybe it holds more than it appears

I got some diesel fuel :laugh:

My Dad taught me to cut a beer can in half fill full of gas pour on and throw a match at it, and if it didn't light try again. Amazing we never blew up the house.:crazy::crazy::crazy: I have moved on to safer ways!

The charcoal ring will hold an entire bag of Royal Oak Lump without any problem, more if you pile it up.

Back