I'll Be MIA for a few days.....

Phil, great looking food, what did you use to glaze the food? Same glaze for all?

parrothead said:
Phil, I resizec all the pics from my camera but can't addd them to the album.

all the pics from your camera are in the gallery now.

Go, brothers, go! Any contest is in part a psychological game. I put on the sound mufflers and go through the plan of action in my head. I could be up against guys meaner and older than I, but I do my best not to pay attention to that stuff.

Best of luck, guys. I'm a proud brother in smoke, again.

BigAl said:
Phil, great looking food, what did you use to glaze the food? Same glaze for all?

Glazed them with some BBQ sauce.

brushed them with the sauce and then put them in the hot spot for a few mins on each side.

Phil;
Great pics and super advise!
Time management and having a plan!! Great words about not experimenting, too!!
'Kick, go for it man!!

You guys are going to have a great time!

Go for the GOLD...can of Miller beer!

And, when you get started take the extra few minutes to intelligently plan out your kitchen. It will save all kinds of hastles throughout the rest of the competition. While we were in Long Island, we had people that felt they could walk all throughout our stuff. Sort of because we hit the ground running and just exploded out of the truck and started rocking. One extra body would have been nice just to start organizing our stuff. We were both way too exhausted and too busy to do that.

The worst offender was this one knucklehead. Phil was up on te trailor tending to the cooker, I was just leaving to turn in the BBQ sauce. I turn back around and there is this guy at our back table, ( someplace he had no business being), he picked up a knife and helped himself to a slice of what had been our breakfast 4 hours earlier. Looking back I should have said something, but I was so dumbfounded I would not have found the words.

Some people just take the farking cake.........and the fatty too. I hope there was a bunch of fly POOPIE on it.

parrothead said:
The worst offender was this one knucklehead. Phil was up on te trailor tending to the cooker, I was just leaving to turn in the BBQ sauce. I turn back around and there is this guy at our back table, ( someplace he had no business being), he picked up a knife and helped himself to a slice of what had been our breakfast 4 hours earlier. Looking back I should have said something, but I was so dumbfounded I would not have found the words.

New York

Nuff said

Manners came from, you guessed it, Illinois

good point greg.. KC... go get one of those plastic chain link fence type jobbies.. put it up around your wntire work area.. or that "Danger men cooking" tape would be great.. We had people wandering around our stuff all day.

Grill some SPAM, glaze it and put it out front with sign "Free Sample". There will be a crowd of people but they will be so satified, they won't be roaming around in your work area! :D

Great :idea: ideas are not born, they are tought up :!:

BigAl said:
Grill some SPAM, glaze it and put it out front with sign "Free Sample". There will be a crowd of people but they will be so satified, they won't be roaming around in your work area! :D
Al,
That may be more effective at "Crowd Control" than even you imagine! :lol:
TIM

kapndsl said:
BigAl said:
Al,
That may be more effective at "Crowd Control" than even you imagine! :lol:
TIM

LOL, actually, honest truth, the "all things Spam" competition was tonight!

Well, it's the night before the contest and the nerves are jumpin'. Don't know if I'll get any sleep or not! LOL I know I sure need to...... KC is getting stuff together for the drive down. He's pretty pumped up too.
It looks like it's going to be pretty rainy here Friday, then cool (low around 58 ) Friday night/Saturday morning. I'm thinking long johns and whiskey instead of shorts and beer! LOL
We'll take plenty of pictures and I'll try to get back to the forum Saturday evening, if my eyes are open, to tell you how everything went.

Who knows, maybe the American Royal could be on the docket for this year.
Phil--thanks for sharing the pictures of your turn ins. I liked the glazed look, especially the ribs!

He's pretty pumped up too.
Pumped up like brd's girlfriend!! :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

The thing keeping my nerves at bay is thinking we're gonna meet some folks, I'm gonna cook with a Brother, meet at least one more and cook some good POOPIE, and what the judges don't get we can gnaw on while we wait for results and have a frosty. How could my weekend get any better.

Back