View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #10
Merl
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podge View Post
I for one, value judges' opinions, but I don't get to get them. I can understand the opinions by assumptions of mine, of the 5 judges that give me, 7's, 8's and 9's, but I'd really like to know the opinion of the 1 judge that'd give me 4's and 5's at the same table. That is the judge we all have problems with !!!!
Great observations. There are two issues:
1st is feedback. I worked hard to bring about the comment card program. Unfortunately it was ended. I do not believe those who were against it, truly understood the value of the project. I would love to bring it back.

And yes sometime there were comments which made little sense. And yes sometimes the comments were off base. But the majority helped with useful information.

2nd. There judge who is inconsistent is to be talked to by the Contest Rep. He/she should be questioned if they understand the scoring system. The should be shown the cards on the table to show how they are outside of the table. If this does not work, the Rep does have the authority to remove the judge. (This is not going to happen often) But should be writing a letter the the CBJ chairman (currently Ed Roith) and make a report.

We must begin a program for continuing cbj education. The rules change, and cooking changes and we owe it to the judges and the cooks to provide on going education.

Just a few thoughts.
Yours in Que
Merl Whitebook
Merl is offline   Reply With Quote