• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How Often do you smoke?

U

user_name

Like the title says, how often do you fire up your smoker to cook for either friends or the family? I have smoked something the last 3 weekends and the wife is starting to make fun of me, yet she has no problem eating it!

So how many times a month does the smoke start rolling around your house?

About three times a month for the past six months. It used to be a lot more often, but I've slacked off somewhat as of late. Got more into other forms of cooking, and have yet to really try bringing them out into the world of Q. Plus ALL of the kids are in some form of schooling now, and that really kicks my ass. It feels I'm glued to the computer anymore.

Honest answer? Not enough. If I could, I would smoke food and brew beer 52 times a year. Otherwise known as every weekend. Right now its twice a month on the average.

I smoke something at the very least 1-2 times a week. Sometimes 3-4 times.

I smoke something at the very least 1-2 times a week. Sometimes 3-4 times.

Ditto. Once, our oven broke and we didn't even get it fixed cause I just made everything on the grill/smoker for like 3 years till we moved. Didn't miss the oven at all (except for cookies!)

Couple three times/month on average. I'd like to do more but I also like to fill the smoker up. And then I freeze lots of smoked meat and have to work down the reserves before I smoke again.

Once or twice a month. I usually smoke alot at once so we vacuum seal and freeze. Mainly because its cheaper to buy in bulk. I do get the itch every weekend though.

i try to at least twice a week but the wife doesnt see it that way

so maybe twice a month? sometimes more...

Not as much as I like but Im of the type that when I smoke I make a lot and vacuum seal it for later. So I would say in the winter once or twice a month and in the summer once a week

I wouldnt say I "smoke" Everytime ..I grill alot as well 2 x week at least sometimes more. Smoke at least 1 thing a week be it small or large. :tongue:

Smoke something maybe 2 or 3 times a month...

Grill something on the kettle? At least every weekend. Its a Sunday thing for me. Come home from church, fire up the kettle, put on the race, and grill/bbq whatever I can find. Chicken, steak, veggies, corn, pork loin, brats..you name it.

Weather permitting 2 to 3 times a week something is cooking outside.:thumb:

About three times a month for the past six months. It used to be a lot more often, but I've slacked off somewhat as of late. Got more into other forms of cooking, and have yet to really try bringing them out into the world of Q. Plus ALL of the kids are in some form of schooling now, and that really kicks my ass. It feels I'm glued to the computer anymore.

Same here. I grill about 3-4 times a week & smoke a couple times/month. Used to smoke a lot more when I first started. Still love smoked meat but can't eat the same thing everyday.

Got a big joe kamado on the way so I can cook, smoke, grill and bake whatever and whenever I want ;)

Back