View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 10:59 AM   #11
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

I had a 500 gallon tank that I was going to turn into a pit someday, just couldn't find the time, and my welding skills and in the novice stage and will always be there. My tank had the valves removed and was able to air out for years before I bought it. A 500 gallon tank..........IS ONE BIG ARSE tank and it took a flat bed and the crane arm on the flatbed to haul it of to the new owner who bought it unseen and though it was going to be smaller and lighter than it was. Well, too bad for him, it was his now. Since it still has prop in it, be very careful. Remove the valves, let it air out for a while then proceed carefully.
I can't really compare it to an air tank, but I know that the wall of the prop tank was THICK!!!
There might still be some old pics or threads from mine somewhere in here. I'll see if I can dig emm up.

Lastly, I've always like the prop tank pit design. It's a classic look and style. I'd recommend going reverse flow on it to help smooth our the temps. A little more work, but worth IMO from what I read and researched back then.

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote