All Star BBQ Marathon on OLN

R

rbinms33

For those interested, I was browsing the OLN site yesterday and they will be having an All Star BBQ marathon on Sun, 8/27/06 starting at 3P (EDT I think). Check your local listings. This is the same ones that showed last year but they're still fun to watch.

I thought I heard that they are doing a new one. Can anyone verify that?

Dr BBQ might be able to shed some light on the issue. I spoke to him a few weeks ago at a book signing here in town and he said that he was waiting on the call but hadn't really heard any details yet.

Thank goodness, I really enjoyed the first one. I have all the episodes Tivoed and watch them over and over and over.

Ray is one of the eighteen participants. It's a pretty damn good group of cooks. Here are the ones I can remember:

Ray Lampe aka Dr. BBQ
Fast Eddy Mauren - Fast Eddy/Cookshack
Mike Davis - Lotta Bull BBQ
Johnny Trigg - Smokin' Triggers
Earnie Miller - Memphis In May cook (I think)
Jack McDavid - Chef, TV Star, etc.
Joe Davidson - Oklahoma Joe
Byron Chism - Buttrub.com
Bart Clark - Twin Oak Smokin' Crew
Myron Mixon - Jack's Old South
Adam Perry Lang - Chef, celebrity, etc.
Mike Wosniak - Bar-B-Quau

Then there are six wildcards. David Britt is one of them. Mr. Earl from the Egg forum is another. I don't know all six of them. In addition, these guys get to bring some backstage help. So, you might be seeing a few more common faces peeking out from behind the curtain during the show. . . . Should be fun!

Rod

Ray is one of the eighteen participants. It's a pretty damn good group of cooks. Here are the ones I can remember:

Ray Lampe aka Dr. BBQ
Fast Eddy Mauren - Fast Eddy/Cookshack
Mike Davis - Lotta Bull BBQ
Johnny Trigg - Smokin' Triggers
Earnie Miller - Memphis In May cook (I think)
Jack McDavid - Chef, TV Star, etc.
Joe Davidson - Oklahoma Joe
Byron Chism - Buttrub.com
Bart Clark - Twin Oak Smokin' Crew
Myron Mixon - Jack's Old South
Adam Perry Lang - Chef, celebrity, etc.
Mike Wosniak - Bar-B-Quau

Then there are six wildcards. David Britt is one of them. Mr. Earl from the Egg forum is another. I don't know all six of them. In addition, these guys get to bring some backstage help. So, you might be seeing a few more common faces peeking out from behind the curtain during the show. . . . Should be fun!

Rod

Sorry all. I double posted on purpose to see if it changed my status from "On the road to being a farker" at 150 posts. Sure didn't . . . .

kcpellethead said:
Sorry all. I double posted on purpose to see if it changed my status from "On the road to being a farker" at 150 posts. Sure didn't . . . .
No promotion til 200

when it does start can someone tape or do whatever. we dont get that channel anymore. would love to see. got to see all of them last year but since we moved we lost that one. we did send our tape in hoping that we would get picked.....i guess that didnt happen...lol

I was gonna apply for one of the "nobodys" they bring on but didn't find out the "interview" process was so farkin involved (had to make a video) until a week before. We were gonna do the video at the Cameron contest but decided "fark it... wouldn't stand a chance anyway". Rod, why aren't you doing it? I figured you'd be able to win the thing if anybody could!

we didnt make a video to say...we just used the AR invite winning video along with the local interviews just put them all together and then the questions and sent that all in. i guess we werent interesting enough.

Greatgrills said:
we didnt make a video to say...we just used the AR invite winning video along with the local interviews just put them all together and then the questions and sent that all in. i guess we werent interesting enough.

Nice Mark! Good luck on OLN! Look forward to seeing you guys on there! :wink:

Jeff_in_KC said:
Nice Mark! Good luck on OLN! Look forward to seeing you guys on there! :wink:

Is it just me, or did Mark say he went through the process but did NOT get selected?

Jeff, I think he's asking you to tape it. Is Jefferson City close to you?

I can watch those shows over and over. I think my wife is worried cause it seems like I watch more cooking shows than sports. I guess if the guys on the cooking shows were getting 50-60 mil and were still crying I would watch them less

we did short dvd and sent it in but I must be too ugly<LOL> thought they would be impressed by an old fat guy pulling a smoking BWS on a trailer with his Harley

That series was great entertainment and full of bits and pieces.
Someone (who shall remain nameless) recorded all of them (in order) for me.
I found myself watching them overnight while competing at Dothan (by myself) and never had a problem staying awake :lol:

Great series--thanks Chad (OOPS) :redface:

TIM

Back