What do you marinate a packer in?

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I'm going to inject a packer brisket and let it marinade overnight. These things are huge. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions/advice on what to use to hold the thing in. I can probably fold it up in a huge tupper ware type bowl, but I'm thinking I'm not the first person to run into this quandry!

Thanks.

Do you have a small cooler that you could use? Add ice to the marinade and it should be good for the night.

I would get some beef broth and mix in your favorite rub and inject that, after that coat the outside with Montreal seasoning and wrap in plastic for 12+ hours and then smoke it.

If you have patience go to www.oakridgebbq.com and order their game bird and chicken for the broth and their Santa Maria for your rub. Your time and money will reward your taste buds and if anyone else eats it they will bow down and worship you.

Btw you can fold it up for sure or just wrap and wrapped wrAp again in plastic so it doesn't leak in the fridge

Just to be different, I don't like to use beef broth with pork. IMO you should use a chicken stock, home made, and spice it up a little.

I wrap mine heavily with plastic wrap, and set it in the fridge on a cookie sheet. I HAVE had some packers that were small enough to fit in a large foodsaver bag before... that works best!

I use a "Glad" "Forceflex" 13 gallon tall kitchen bag. These are reinforced, extremely strong and water tight. Just dump her in there with the rest of the injection.

ditto on the tall white kitchen trash bags. If I only have cheap-o ones on hand I double bag to avoid leaks.

I'm with you guys and the white kitchen trash bags. A bottle of cabernet sauvignon and a little worcestershire sauce, along with some soy sauce for the marinade; 48 hrs in the spare fridge before cooking.

I'm going to inject a packer brisket and let it marinade overnight. These things are huge. I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions/advice on what to use to hold the thing in. I can probably fold it up in a huge tupper ware type bowl, but I'm thinking I'm not the first person to run into this quandry!
Thanks.

I use large deep steam table or chaffing pans to marinate or put rubbed meats into the fridge for storage overnight. Although I do not marinate my packer briskets, I do heavily rub them, fold, and store them in the pan overnight before smoking.

These are available at restaraunt supply stores.

I use my rib boiling pan. :p I marinate it in smoke!

Actually, I do have a large steel pan that barely fits in my fridge that holds a packer just barely. I wrap the packer tightly in several layers of plastic wrap, inject then place pan in fridge.

Back