Lobster Tails and Scallops

Bill-Chicago

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Saw an entire day of Lobster on FoodTV last weekend with the wife.

Came home yesterday to find 2 half pound tails in the freezer.

We never tried lobster.

How do you guys cook/grill them?

Do I need to skewer to stop from curling up?

I have zero experience on what to even serve them with (clarified butter?)

Any input would be great.

Never done just tails but with whole lobsters I've always done the boiling water/steam deal. Then serve with melted butter.

Bill, just remember the shrimp bombs, don't over cook. Good sh*t, some clarified butter is about all you need (you can add garlic for a scampi flavor). I like to have corn on the cob or other messy foods with lobster, crab or shrimp.

Boiled/Steamed then set it next to a nice Rib Eye Steak, med. well, baked potato and salad. Damn, I'm hungry!

If you have never done any. Boil them the first time. You can't fark it up. Drop them in boiling water until they turn a deep red. Done. Pull out, crack open and dip the bites in butter. MMMMMMMMMM. Maybe even put a little bit of Southern Flavor on it. If you like it then try them another time on the grill, but be careful you can dry them out or turn them into rubber real guick.

parrothead said:
If you have never done any. Boil them the first time. You can't fark it up. Drop them in boiling water until they turn a deep red. Done. Pull out, crack open and dip the bites in butter. MMMMMMMMMM. Maybe even put a little bit of Southern Flavor on it. If you like it then try them another time on the grill, but be careful you can dry them out or turn them into rubber real guick.

So Flav Cajun? I don't have anymore SF Garlic

I think I'll boil the first time.

Thanks

I know this guy in my neighborhood. He said someone told him that the microwave was the absolute best way to cook a lobster tail. We tried to tell him not to even think about it. "But my brother-in-law swears by it".

Next day, you guessed it, 2 rubber lobster tails.

I got a bag of scallops too and 2 pounds of bacon.

Those will be the appetizer.

Something else you can do with those scallops. Make a sauce in a pan of half ketchup and half brown sugar. put the scallops on a foil lined pan. when they are near done, drizzle with the sauce and cook until it carmalizes. MMMMMMMMMMM

parrothead said:
Something else you can do with those scallops. Make a sauce in a pan of half ketchup and half brown sugar. put the scallops on a foil lined pan. when they are near done, drizzle with the sauce and cook until it carmalizes. MMMMMMMMMMM

foil lined pan, in the oven?

Never gonna lose any weight with this group!

how long in the oven? and what temp?

It was easy to know on the grill, cuz you said "when the bacons done, its done"

parrothead said:

Bay or Sea scallops, or does it matter?

Bay, I think. those are the big ones right?

Bill 350 ......til they are done.

Bigmista. We wouldn't want ya any other way.

Now the sea (which ever are smaller) scallops are yet another thing. Take a half a slice of bacon, place 1 slice of water chestnut on it. On top of that add one sea scallop, then a small piece of cubed pineapple. Wrap the bacon up and put a toothpick down through it. Then follow the same glaze thing as above, but add some of the pineapple juice to the glaze. MMMMMMMMMMM!

parrothead said:
Now the sea (which ever are smaller) scallops are yet another thing. Take a half a slice of bacon, place 1 slice of water chestnut on it. On top of that add one sea scallop, then a small piece of cubed pineapple. Wrap the bacon up and put a toothpick down through it. Then follow the same glaze thing as above, but add some of the pineapple juice to the glaze. MMMMMMMMMMM!

Can you do this with the Bay scallops? Thats what I got, I think

Sure, just cut them a little smaller.

Just checked. The sea scallops are the large ones, and they bay scallops are the small ones.

Back