New Offset Build

It all depends on the width of your tank. You also have to take into consideration the thickness of the sheet steel you are using. My take is 30" and my box inside dimension is 28.5" My outside dimension is 29" taking into consideration the 1/4 sheet steel.

I'm also going to send you a private message on this forum.

Well I got the steel ordered and I'm going to make the box Friday. I went ahead and had the steel shop cut all the pieces. Now I wonder how many cans of paint I will need.

Glad to hear you got the steel ordered. You will definitely need a can or two

What thickness steel are you using for the firebox? What type of welding equipment will you be using to weld the box?

Thanks Crazy Tx. It's been a fun build. I still have some finishing touches to do before I lite it up. Hope to be doing this in the next couple of weeks.

Making some really nice progress. It's really looking good and I admire your skills. We've had plans for a while for our own trailer smoker but me and the wife decided to pay some bills down and the first move after that is me putting down some wood floors the Missus has been wanting. After that we'll cut loose on the smoker. Thanks for inspiring the rest of us!

LoanStar, I know where you're at brother. My pit was 3 years in the making but well worth the wait.

Final stage

Fabrication on the new pit is 98% complete.

Attachments

• IMAG0036-s.jpg
    IMAG0036-s.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0037-s.jpg
    IMAG0037-s.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 144
  • IMAG0043-s.jpg
    IMAG0043-s.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 144
oh ok.. Didn't realize that's what those were. I like that idea though, instead of being in the door, but on mine it will have to be in the door once I get it all insulated (if I ever get some $ for more steel.. lol)

I hear ya about the money thing. Just seems like there is never enough.

Pappy and I have been building a trailer rig as well and we have bought most of everything we need except new trailer lights and paint and we are just over $750. We have beening scraping as much as we can and spending the money when needed. But silling making the rig top notch.

Love the story Huntin Smoke. Nothing better than working a little harder for something.
Lets see some pics of your build.

Back