My first smoker

B

bruno232

I have wanted a smoker for years but never had the time to cook low and slow. I saw a add on craigslist asking $60 for a Oklahoma joe offset smoker. I called him up he said I could come look the inside was clean look like only a few cooks on it so I offered him $25 he said $40 I told him the axle was bent and I told I would only give him $35 he agreed. Here is my new smoker.

Grillin002.jpg

I cleaned the inside with paper towels and veg oil. then started old joe up got him up to 325 and steam him very clean and ready to go. the next day I loaded him up got him lit adjusted everything until I got it to 235 added some hickory and let it run it stayed at that temp for 2 hours before the ash choke the coals. I have to add a rack to raise the charcoal off the bottom of the firebox.

sweet ! course i woulda given him the $60 and been tickled pink !

JMSetzler he made the mistake of letting my know his wife wanted it out by the weekend and he had no response from his ad.

Congratulations, I think you got a pretty good deal on that Oklahoma Joe's smoker. It looks like it's in great shape.

I have it ready for test tommorrow I bought some pork ribs and with all the information on this site I think I will do well. it will be my first time smoking.

If I lived closer I'd offer to double your money for ya :-D.

There was an OK Joes on CL here with the side stack..but for $700 you stole that thing..

Back