1st place pork steaks, 2nd place ribs

I appreciate all your kind words.

I definitely caught the competition bug...I had lots of fun hanging with folks I knew and meeting new friends.

congrats, I am an extremely competitive person, but I dont know if I want to get that way with my cooking. I have the ability to put so much pressure on myself that I think I would suck the fun out of it for me. That and I have always had the notion that I cook for myself and if anybody doesnt like it.... there is always oscar meyer for them.:thumb: hope you are finding it fun as well as challenging.

congrats, I am an extremely competitive person, but I dont know if I want to get that way with my cooking. I have the ability to put so much pressure on myself that I think I would suck the fun out of it for me. That and I have always had the notion that I cook for myself and if anybody doesnt like it.... there is always oscar meyer for them.:thumb: hope you are finding it fun as well as challenging.

A lot of folks on here seem like they have fun doing the competitions, so I decided to give it a shot.

My first amateur contest was not fun for me, it was a lot of work because I didn't know what to expect. However, I did do well...3rd in pork steaks and ribs and 4th overall. After some time had passed I thought about what I could have done differently, I read more archives from this forum on doing competitions (I now knew what to search for after getting one under my belt).

I did a lot of practicing during that time and 9 months later I felt like I was ready to compete again. This time I was determined to be relaxed and have some fun with it...it paid off.

Even after the worst possible morning I ever had couldn't stop me from having a great time...my garage door broke, WSM fell out of the trailer, had to turn around because we forgot the kids shoes, pulled over ump-teen times to adjust and tighten ratchet straps....45 minutes behind schedule!!!

I wouldn't change a thing.

Nice job, everything looks great. It's nice to see that I'm not the only one that carries a sweat towel when cooking. hehheheee.

Back