My UDS Build, and questions

What do you have for intakes?

aJ6KNPA.jpg

Ok... So the thermometer I mounted is reading under 250 now at full blast, but when I drop a meat probe in one of the vent holes it maxes out indicating something above 300... I'm new, I'm clearly missing something, or my mounted thermometer is junk.

Ok... So the thermometer I mounted is reading under 250 now at full blast, but when I drop a meat probe in one of the vent holes it maxes out indicating something above 300... I'm new, I'm clearly missing something, or my mounted thermometer is junk.
Chances are the thermometer is off. Remove it from barrel and put the probe in boiling water(don't alow probe to contact container). Should register 212* on the money unless you live on top of McKinnley. Just mentaly add the diff until you pick up a better thermometer.
The barrel is looking good.:thumb:

Chances are the thermometer is off. Remove it from barrel and put the probe in boiling water(don't alow probe to contact container). Should register 212* on the money unless you live on top of McKinnley. Just mentaly add the diff until you pick up a better thermometer.
The barrel is looking good.:thumb:

Ditto. Your true temp. with it wide open should be over 440.

I used the Brinkmann temp gauge on my first build and wound up taking the thing back to HD. I used the boiling water technique and got it to read 212 by adjusting the back nut. Put it back in the UDS and was 50 degrees low at 350 on the Maverick. I would suggest taking it back and looking for another brand name or buying a decent one on Amazon or somewhere.

Back