Rancher Charcoal coming to Trader Joe's

big brother smoke

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I was just curious how much it would be for a pallet of Rancher shipped here to SOCAL. I was going to ask some SOCAL bros to chip in, if interested in the product. Before I could get my inquiry out good, the guy in customer service said it will be in Trader Joe's around the March 25th and 26th. :biggrin: Bags will be around $6ish he said.

So stay tuned Rancher lovers, we are going to be in Rancher heaven again despite the increase.

Discuss

I heard this on the BBQ Central Hour. Awesome, though TJ's does have a bit higher price than say Lowes or HD.

But I can't wait to try this stuff.

What do you guys think of the cowboy lump charcoal. I have found it at Lowes and HD. Have not tried any others... Have not found any others. I want to try the Royal lump charcoal.

I like the cowboy lump. But recently found some ROYAL OAK STEAK HOUSE LUMP and found it to be just as good , maybe just a bit better, at the same $

What do you guys think of the cowboy lump charcoal. I have found it at Lowes and HD. Have not tried any others... Have not found any others. I want to try the Royal lump charcoal.

Cowboy is okay in a pinch. However, I try not to find myself in a pinch due to the s/crap that is in cowboy.

Don't waste a dime on cowboy charcoal - it's total crap. It burns way too fast and is made from scrap. Also mostly small pieces...Bad stuff.

Back to the topic at hand, BBS do you know/recall what size bags they will carry?(Were the Ranchers of olde ~18 pounders?)

Back to the topic at hand, BBS do you know/recall what size bags they will carry?(Were the Ranchers of olde ~18 pounders?)

G's,

I am not sure. I assumed it was the same old bags. However, you know what happens when we assume.:rolleyes:

I will call them again tomorrow to confirm.

I'll bet you anything the Rancher will be in smaller bags and the price will reflect that. Trader Joes is great-but they don't have the shelf space to stock a pallet of 20lb bags of charcoal in any of the stores I've been to. And it'll probably be a "seasonal" item too!
I'd boycott farkin' Rancher and support Cowboy Charcoal and the "STUBB'S Natural briqs!! JMHO

I'll bet you anything the Rancher will be in smaller bags and the price will reflect that. Trader Joes is great-but they don't have the shelf space to stock a pallet of 20lb bags of charcoal in any of the stores I've been to. And it'll probably be a "seasonal" item too!
I'd boycott farkin' Rancher and support Cowboy Charcoal and the "STUBB'S Natural briqs!! JMHO

You'd support Cowboy over Rancher :shock:

I'll bite, why?

I wonder if we will see this on the east coast. I loved Rancher and would definitely stock up if it was available.

Yeah, Rancher will be in all Trader Joes if I understand what I was told correctly. Supposedly it will be baged as Rancher when it first shows up and then will become a Trader Joes labeled brand after around a year. Price is supposed to be good, but not as good as the old HD days. That was a 'loss leader', and HD and the clorox brand charcoal screwed the original charcoal company on that one. (Original Charcoal Company is who makes Rancher).

You'd support Cowboy over Rancher :shock:

I'll bite, why?

Let me rephrase that, I would support the Cowboy Charcoal product- Stubb's Natural Charcoal briqs over Rancher.

100_2825.jpg

100_2827.jpg

I think some might be confusing Cowboy Lump with Rancher briqs.

The thing I don't like about Rancher is besides the swirling ash I get using it in the drums or a kettle, when you shut down the cooker the Rancher leftover is unusable the next cook. you might have briqs leftover but they crumble to dust. Unlike the new Comp K, blue bag K, Maple Leaf or the Stubb's. If you get the chance you should do yourself a favor and try some and make your own comparison. We are all slaves to Home Depot or Lowes and If Rancher does hit Trader Joes, great! Just another reason to shop there more often, but TJ's will hook you the same way HD did!

I am Cheap-but not loyal to any one charcoal-

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

Just in time. I'm down to the last bag of the thirty or so bags of Ranchers Norco helped me get a hold of last year. Good news for So Cali, when there is no good news to be had in California. Get ready to pay more in sales tax. Highest in the nation.

Back