Is the KCBS/Restaurant Depot deal still good?

Been there twice. Both times they would only give me a one day pass. Maybe I'm just not purdy enough to get the real thing.

I got this reply first thing this morning from Dawn at KCBS

Mr. Boland,

KCBS is in the middle of renegotiating the contract we have with Restaurant Depot. You can still get daily passes to RD with your membership card from KCBS. I apologize for this inconvenience. We will update the members benefit page on the website as soon as we have all the details hammered out.

Thank you for contact KCBS,

Dawn Endrijaitis

I guess if we have a card already it's still good?

Restaurant Depot and KCBS No more?

I was just on the KCBS site and I noticed that RD is not listed under the discounts section anymore. Is that deal over for KCBS members?

I had gotten my card and went back with Ramona and she presented them with her KCBS card. She was told that they are only doing daily memberships until they work things out...

I haven't been there in weeks so I don't know if my card still works or not....

I called KCBS (sorry I forget who I talked to) and they said that they were re-negotiating the contract with the rest depot and they would let the members know something when it's worked out. That was about 4 weeks ago.

Dawn from KCBS (see my earlier post) said folks that already had their card would likely be able to continue using them. They are trying, in their words to hammer out the details

What does it matter if you can only get a day pass? or is it that you can only get one one-day pass?

I got my card in December and it still works. The only glitch is whenever I scan it upon entering RD, it says to see the receptionist. It appears the cards they gave out under the KCBS deal all have the same account #. Their computer says the card has been left somewhere, lost somewhere or a number of other scenarios. Then the receptionist says, nevermind, you're good to go. That has happened the last couple of time I went there. Still works though. :confused:

you got go to the front desk to swipe your card anyway. whats the difference if you have to stop to get a day pass. whats your options? a day pass is better than no pass!

I got my card in December and it still works. The only glitch is whenever I scan it upon entering RD, it says to see the receptionist. It appears the cards they gave out under the KCBS deal all have the same account #. Their computer says the card has been left somewhere, lost somewhere or a number of other scenarios. Then the receptionist says, nevermind, you're good to go. That has happened the last couple of time I went there. Still works though. :confused:

My card does the same thing. I was told I needed to give them my business liscene and get a new card. I was just looking and did not buy anthing. This happened last weekend.

This is the same experience that I go through.

you got go to the front desk to swipe your card anyway. whats the difference if you have to stop to get a day pass. whats your options? a day pass is better than no pass!

My card does the same thing. I was told I needed to give them my business liscene and get a new card. I was just looking and did not buy anthing. This happened last weekend.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That would be the difference that would concern me. Fortunately, NeoTrout uses the same one as me I think, so good news!

Will feel better when they get it fixed for good

Yep. The Lombard RD. As long as it works. Would be nice if they get everything ironed out though. Less hassle is good. :icon_cool

Yep. The Lombard RD. As long as it works. Would be nice if they get everything ironed out though. Less hassle is good. :icon_cool

I have swiped mine at Lombard and Mannheim rd stores with the same "please see the receptionist"

This is the same experience that I go through.

I have swiped mine at Lombard and Mannheim rd stores with the same "please see the receptionist"
Same here except she looks at me and says 'You really get around don't you. I've never seen one person hit almost all of our stores.' LOL

Man, glad I have my own and not the KCBS one. Plus I told them at RD to not let you other guys in.... ;)

I can get you an extra card if you need one Chris. You just can't buy all the good pork butts on me...

Man, glad I have my own and not the KCBS one. Plus I told them at RD to not let you other guys in.... ;)

I can get you an extra card if you need one Chris. You just can't buy all the good pork butts on me...

I might take you up on the card if I can not get it figured out.

Back