Finally got the Servsafe Mgr. score results.

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
After missing the first class due to an unexpected conflict... had to reschedule, delaying for another month for a local class.

Glad I did. :grin:

The humor of the ServeSafe instructor was an entertaining slant to keep the class awake... and on their toes. :loco::loco:

Reminded me of a stand-up routine ... classic Sam Kineson. :becky::becky:

Waited a full two weeks for the results to be posted.... :pray::pray::pray::pray:

A respectable 93%.

After missing the first class due to an unexpected conflict... had to reschedule, delaying for another month for a local class.

Glad I did. :grin:

The humor of the ServeSafe instructor was an entertaining slant to keep the class awake... and on their toes. :loco::loco:

Reminded me of a stand-up routine ... classic Sam Kineson. :becky::becky:

Waited a full two weeks for the results to be posted.... :pray::pray::pray::pray:

A respectable 93%.
who put this class on?

I got my results last Friday.....only took 4 days (which I fully didn't expect). I opted to just buy the book and take the test. I took the exam on Monday morning and had the results by noon on Friday.

You JUST beat me! I ended up with a 91%. :boxing: However I didn't have to spend all day at the class. Total cost was $48 for the book and $50 for the exam instead of the $150 for the class and exam. :thumb:

Curious.....what did you think of the exam? I thought that it had a lot of stuff that didn't exactly apply to what was in the book. It was also VERY much geared toward offsite catering/service (which is what I was taking it for anyway).

Did not see any familiar wording what would resemble out of the textbook.
Each question required a close interpretation... wasn't clear cut answer that jumped out right away.

I preferred the classroom interaction and comedic entertainment. from the instructor.
As you could imagine... some aspects within the book was very difficult to digest without guidance.

Studied the book in advance, did the chapter exercises... and had an 8 hour class.

Myself... needed all of that

Wow, check out this smokin' deal for the class here in Arkansas.....

Attachments

• ssf june 2012.jpg
    ssf june 2012.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Wow, check out this smokin' deal for the class here in Arkansas.....

Just a fyi... there are two different courses:

One is for the Food service managers/Caterers and the second a lessor food service employee course.

If it is for the Food Service Management... grab it... its normally over $150 up here.

Nope. That one is for servers safety training only.

Wrong, I just got off the phone with the girl and she said it's for food managers, they have been given a grant and are offering at this reduced price... They have classes going on till June, 2013...I will be attending in August....

ServSafe® Food Training

The Arkansas Hospitality Association has been awarded a grant from the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services to train foodservice management employees in ServSafe® Food Safety. The grant will make ServSafe Food Safety training available in more areas of the state and at a greatly reduced price. The grant is effective January 15, 2012 through June 2013. Classes are limited to 35 participants. Limit five per location.

Food safety training is a non-negotiable activity for all members of the restaurant and foodservice industry. It is a highly dangerous gamble to cut corners by reducing or eliminating training. To decrease the risk of food borne illness outbreaks, take advantage of the National Restaurant Association’s ServSafe program which provides value beyond certification and is the industry’s best day-to-day food safety resource.

For more information contact Kristen Smith at (501) 376-2323 or by e-mail at kristen@arhospitality.org This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

http://arhospitality.org/servsafe

This is the Food Service Workers Course...

Online Food Handler Safety Course

The Arkansas Hospitality Association (AHA), in partnership with the Arkansas Dept. of Health, has introduced a new online food safety training course for food service workers.
This affordable course allows your employees to learn the fundamentals of food safety, sanitation and personal hygiene at their own speed—and for just $10. Employers can pre-pay with a credit card and provide their employees with a dedicated authorization code that allows you to track
who's completed the course. Workers who complete the online course and pass the exam receive a certification card good for three years.

Visit the online food safety course at http://foodsafety.arhospitality.org to register.

Please note that the new online food safety course does not supplant the AHA's ServSafe food and alcohol safety course, which are more intensive training intended for managerial staff and key employees. The online course is an affordable and easy way to train your full staff in the fundamentals of food safety.

For assistance please e-mail help@foodhandlertraining.com This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it with your question, which will be answered within two business days. If you have a problem with the course and need an immediate question answered, call the help line at 1-866-679-6733 (Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Central Time).

Want to know more? Click here to download a list of frequently asked questions. (Adobe Acrobat Reader required)​

Last edited:
Back