*** 2018 Chicago Area Brethren Summer Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :) - Saturday, August 11, 2018

Also on another note is Shagdod bringing the Shirley for sure. I won't have to haul something all the way from home. Going to do Armadillo eggs, tried them last week and seemed pretty good.

Also on another note is Shagdod bringing the Shirley for sure. I won't have to haul something all the way from home. Going to do Armadillo eggs, tried them last week and seemed pretty good.

Shagdog has a family event that may keep him away, so we will likely not have the Shirley. I am bring the PK360. What other cooking space will we have?

Doesn't sound like it.

1200 N Frontage Rd, Arlington Heights IL 600741. It is about 10 miles north of the park.

Way up north... Not too familiar with what's up there. I know there is an Uncle Julio's a little further north. Some good bars/restaurants in Schaumburg around the Woodfield Mall area. Just hop on 53 and head south. Couple good places in downtown Arlington Heights. Any preference?

Anyone else going to come out?

Will there be extra grill space for a tri-tip. None of my stuff is very portable. Gonna hit RD tomorrow. Hopefully they have some. If not, I'll have to come up with plan B.

I think my backup will be Cornell Chicken.

Last edited:
Will there be extra grill space for a tri-tip. None of my stuff is very portable. Gonna hit RD tomorrow. Hopefully they have some. If not, I'll have to come up with plan B.

I think my backup will be Cornell Chicken.

I think so. We can put it on the PK, either on the desire to side or under the pork steaks indirect and then reverse sear.

OK... Coffee is bagged. I have 6 bags total. So far I have the following...

T&S - 2
Andy - 1
Sweetsmoke - 1
Teebody - 1

Total - 5

I have one available.

I decided to roast some Bali Kintamani Estate since our daughter is currently on Bali :-D

David, I have one bag of Bali and one bag of Java Taman Dadar Estate for you (our daughter was in Java earlier in the week :-D )

Anyone need a griddle? I can bring the Blackstone. My only portable cooker. :noidea:

Anyone need a griddle? I can bring the Blackstone. My only portable cooker. :noidea:

Chit, my stainless is put together and now I need to season it. I should have planned better and the answer would have been Yes! I could have brought 20# of bulgogi.

I should have talked to you Andy, because up thread you mentioned sausages from Wurst Kitchen. I was 3/4 mile away at my old house this past weekend but didn't stop, thinking thats what you were doing :twisted:

But the filipino skewers are something new for me, so I'm kinda glad we didn't talk.

Marinade ready after 90 minutes. Recipe says 30 min prep time. Yeah, maybe with a 30 filipino (Pinoy) assembly line!

Marinade smells goooooooooooddddd! The below is a 8Qt bowl, so this is a chit ton of marinade.

New recipe, hope its good.

Cutting up pork but now...

Attachments

• marinade.jpg
    marinade.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 41
I think Jon & I and maybe Bryan are showing up at 9. If I can get my ass out of bed. They kept my old ass out past my bedtime.

Back