Official 2010 Jack Draw Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaking awesome!!!! Congrats to all, but especially to Andy & Kim who pulled that right out of their shorts!

Arlin

Slednek, not trying to question your information but are you 100% sure. The reason i ask is that I am half od Freeman Brothers BBQ and i hope to god these are correct.

Pete
well I hope both halves know by know<lol>

Congrats--Enjoy the experience!!!

Holy Jack shots...I still can't believe it...I just got back from swamprb's...he pretty much slept through the whole thing...just woke up as I was pullin' in to his driveway. Talk about LUCK...this was truly meant to be for LHS. Gongrats to all who got the call...and to all who made the draw...:thumb: I am very much looking forward to meeting a lot of Brethren and shaking your hand...in person...:cool:
JD

Any Ohio team winning a GC in any state goes into the home team draw. So if an OH team was drawn from say MI then there's an Ohio team at the Jack and no State draw needed. Does that help.

Thanks Ford.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that I was the only team that resided in Ohio that was in any State's barrel/draw - that is where my confusion lies. Assuming that I was the only Ohio team in the entire draw, I was of the mindset that I would be in even if I was not picked from the Ohio barrel/draw.:confused:

I (TimothyT.) was the only Ohio team in the Ohio barrel, and the only Ohio team with a quailifying GC (i believe), yet did not receive an invite... confused

I understand your response that each State should be represented with a qualifying GC champion from a contest in that state (but not necessarily a team that resided in that state).

Can you help me out.. here is my situation. My interpretation of the Draw guidelines was different though.

I was the only Ohio team that won 1 of the 3 qualifying contests in Ohio. The other two contests were won by Smoke n Ice (TX) and Mooswiners (KY). Smoke n Ice was pulled from the Ohio barrel. I do not think that there were any other Ohio teams (besides mine) that won a qualifying contest, and were therefore in any other State barrel?
The letter from the contest read... "If any team is the only Grand Champion from its home state and it has not been selected via a state draw, that team will be invited to represent its state...if there are numerous Grand Champions from any state and none of their names have been drawn, all Grand Champions from that state will go into a draw to determine who represents their home state" Again, I think I was the only Ohio team with a GC? My team was not drawn from the Ohio barrel, and I was not selected to represent my home state of Ohio... have I mis-interpreted how the draw works?

Unfortunately, it is not my interpretation of how the Draw works that matters though.

Thanks Ford.

I am pretty sure (not 100%) that I was the only team that resided in Ohio that was in any State's barrel/draw - that is where my confusion lies. Assuming that I was the only Ohio team in the entire draw, I was of the mindset that I would be in even if I was not picked from the Ohio barrel/draw.:confused:

Unless I am totally missing the boat here...very possible...the home state reps have not been fully chosen. Also, Podge (3 bungs) posted on facebook that they were still awaiting the home state draws. Last year their were 5 home state draws and on the current 2010 list there is only 1.

Tim - I to believe you are correct and are the only GC winner from OH and by default get an invite. But don't quote me on that!!!

doesn't it seem odd that the biggest contest in bbq has the most confusing rules? or is that part of the charm...

We also are the only team from Nebraska that won any contests and we dont have a homestate draw either! really confused!

Getting the WildCard draw is definately fitting for us!!! Can't wait have a shot up on the hill, overlooking all that sweet blue. Congrats to everyone who got thier bung pulled!!!

I wish you all the best of luck. Lots of hard work was put into getting there so you all deserve it.

I need to learn more about the BBQ circuit and how it works. I'll start today in Milwaukee at the Brew City's Best BBQ. My plan is to learn by eating everything in site and maybe mumble a few questions later.
Anyhow- Good Luck to the Bretheren and a special shout out to ---WI Freeman Brothers BBQ--- Represent us well!

Wow, Freeman Bros having a stellar year. Give em hell guys.

Congrats to all the Brethren teams that will be going to the "Jack". Now go get em.:thumb:

Okay - need your help guys. Couple teams I'm still pulling for in the Jack draw one that looks like they should have an invite but isn't on the list. Does it take a few days before an official draw list is posted? Cannot find anything online that I would consider "official". Is the list Sled posted from his KCBS source only a partial yet still "official" list? Haven't even heard a peep from Slap Yo' Daddy on his blog or facebook about getting an automatic???

the list is as official as it gets. When a team gets their letter notifying them they have been drawn then it's official for them. No letter means no invite.

ln the past a team has been added but not often. Invitations are made at the discretion of the Jack. There's no set rules just guidelines they follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back