looking for a good popper recipe!!

• Thread starter rub it smoke it bbq
  • Start date
R

rub it smoke it bbq

i have guest coming over tonite! wanted to do some poppers but i cant find a recipe. i know the basics but wanted to make sure. thanks guys & gals

Skies the limit really. Personally I like just cream cheese in a jalapeno wrapped with bacon. Another good one is to dice cooked shrimp and mix it in the cream cheese with some rub then wrap the jap in bacon and smoke till the bacon is crispy. I'm sure others have lots of different ideas to try. Good luck you can't go wrong with these.

Jalapeno peppers (cored and washed)
cream cheese
shredded colby and mozerella
onion
thinly sliced bacon
toothpicks
non-stick spray (Cooking Spray)

First spray down the pepper cooker with non-stick spray to make for easier clean-up. Mix shredded cheese and cream cheese together and stuff into your peppers that have been cored from the top and washed with cold water. Next put a slice of the onion into each pepper pushed right into the cheese mixture. Now wrap a half slice of bacon around the pepper then secure it with the toothpick. Place the peppers into the holes of the pepper cooker. Place onto grill or smoker rack and cook around 200 degrees using indirect heat until bacon is done. ENJOY!!!

IMAGE_023.jpg

IMG_20110121_093527.jpg

IMG_20110121_093552.jpg

I like to half the Jalapenos just to make them more of a smaller finger food.

tomorrows are gonna have leftover chuck roast, creamcheese, mexican shredded cheese, paprika, cayenne, wrapped in bacon.

I honestly have yet to meat anything that beats a meat and cream cheese stuffed pepper wrapped in bacon. Jalapeno boats make good sizes for serving folks as an appetizer or even a side, but my personal favorite is an Anaheim pepper, but these are pretty big and are best used as a side.

i have done browned pork sausage, mexi blend cheese, cream cheese, in the jap boat with the bacon wrapped and then dusted the whole works in pork rub.

I like to sautee up some dried tomatoes and diced onions and then mix in some pepper jack cheese and combine with the cream cheese. I usually do the boat style as well, wrap with peppered bacon and cook.

bacon, crushed pineapple and cream cheese, mix, stuff into pepper and wrap in bacon

Someone said "the skys the limit", and that is a fact!

I use cream cheese and a second cheese like Pepper Jack, Mozzerela, Parmesan, and .....!.
Pineapples are kick ass for the added tartness.
Marichino Cherrys add great color.
Several fruits and berries have found there way in to include Peach, Apricot, strawberries, black berries, and ...!

For meats, I have used Shrimp, Pulled Pork, Chopped Brisket, Chopped Cocktail Smokies (Beef), Rib Meat, Sausages of all kinds, and .....!
They are all great!

Let your imagination run wild--ABTs are FUN!!!
Really hard to mess up. :-D

TIM

ps: I do have to split mine and make "boats" with all the seeds and veins cleaned out. None of my folks like the heat, just the Japeleno flavor.

I have been using cooked Italian Sausage and Cream cheese stuffed in the Jalapeno and include a slice of Thai chili for my friends that like things a little warmer.... then of course, wrapped in bacon

Back