Shirley Fab on the Road at Tom Leonard's Richmond

Ayvatr

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My good friend Tom asked if I would cook at his store to add to the Christmas spirit and also to see Chernobyl at work. I delivered the cooker yesterday evening to get it in place before this mornings ice storm. That was a good move on our part.
I returned this AM and got her fired up with my new Flame Thrower from Northern Tool! Way to cool. Up to temp in about 15 minutes...awesome! Thanks for the advice JTQ and Akoda.
We cooked baby backs, butts, turkeys, chicken, prime rib, sausage, and assorted veggies! Everything turned out spectacular and I will be doing this again.
The Shirley performed as I expected. Considering the number of times the doors were opened, the recovery time was quick and the temps were predictable and stable.
Thank goodness my helper finally showed up. I will have to Doc her pay for being late.....
Merry Christmas all

Attachments

• IMG_0651.jpg
    IMG_0651.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_0654.jpg
    IMG_0654.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 338
Looks delicious!

Sounds like "Chernobyl" gets "glowing reviews," thus far, eh?

If I had known you were practically in my back yard today, I would have swung by! Good looking cook Ayvatr!

Food looks awesome.

I was surprised to see the storefront in the first picture as it clearly is related to Stew Leonards out here in CT. Just read the story on Tom's website -- cool that the son's expanded out.

Food looks awesome.

I was surprised to see the storefront in the first picture as it clearly is related to Stew Leonards out here in CT. Just read the story on Tom's website -- cool that the son's expanded out.
Thanks for the compliment!:biggrin1:
Tom's son and I are trying to make a case for a BBQ take out/ restaurant when Tom decides to expand his operation here in Richmond!

Thanks for the compliment!:biggrin1:
Tom's son and I are trying to make a case for a BBQ take out/ restaurant when Tom decides to expand his operation here in Richmond!

Santa looks very happy with that hottie. A friend of mine did Que at local areas and catering for 2-5 years. After he got a good following and his name set in stone. Facebook helped a lot. He open his BBQ place 3 years ago, it had been the home of many names. But, he marketed his for years before opening. And it was well worth the the time. Think he will be the first place since the 1980's to survive in a bad location. Lol.....

Santa looks very happy with that hottie. A friend of mine did Que at local areas and catering for 2-5 years. After he got a good following and his name set in stone. Facebook helped a lot. He open his BBQ place 3 years ago, it had been the home of many names. But, he marketed his for years before opening. And it was well worth the the time. Think he will be the first place since the 1980's to survive in a bad location. Lol.....

Your friends plan is pretty much what I have in mind for the next couple of years. I will continue my full time job until I can reliably ease into the BBQ catering world. I will mention to Santa's helper that you paid her a compliment!
Keep warm and keep the Q coming..:biggrin1:

Back