• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS and Restaraunt Depot no more

ButchB

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I went to print off my coupon so I could run to Restaurant Depot and pick some stuff up and the coupon is gone. Called KCBS and they said RD pulled their membership. Anybody got anymore ideas on where to get some good meat? Thanks

Looks like the mention of RD has been pulled from the KCBS discounts listing.

WOW!!!
at least they did it in the slow part of the BBQ season.

I asked earlier this week about that, this was the response:

We have been informed that new negotiations for Restaurant Depot is being worked on. At this point we have not had any confirmation as to when and if it will be available for our members. The best I can offer is to check back from time to time on the website in the KCBS discount section once you have logged in and check for all current discounts. All sponsorships and discounts are not handled directly through the KCBS office here but by a advertising company whom KCBS has worked with over the last several years.

Thank You,

Carla Page
Manager, Member Services
Administrative Assistant
cPage@KCBS.us
Membership@KCBS.us

Befriend a restaurant owner

Or pretend to be a restaurant owner :mrgreen:

I have two valid RD membership cards that came free when I registered with them as Sir Porkalot BBQ.

All I needed was a biz license.

To get the biz license, I did this:

1. Get an EIN (free from Fed Gov't)
  2. Take EIN and go to local City Hall and paid $24.95 to get annual license.
  3. Go to RD with Biz license - get 2 membership cards good for the year.
Cheaper than a KCBS membership and can't be taken away for the next year :mrgreen:

Or pretend to be a restaurant owner :mrgreen:

I have two valid RD membership cards that came free when I registered with them as Sir Porkalot BBQ.

All I needed was a biz license.

To get the biz license, I did this:

1. Get an EIN (free from Fed Gov't)
  2. Take EIN and go to local City Hall and paid $24.95 to get annual license.
  3. Go to RD with Biz license - get 2 membership cards good for the year.
Cheaper than a KCBS membership and can't be taken away for the next year :mrgreen:

They gave you a restaurant biz license without a health inspection? I went to mine and they said I couldn't get the license without the inspection. So since I didn't have a place to be inspected I thought that was it?

Fark! I was gonna go there tomorrow to get meat for a fundraiser. :doh:

The RD here just requires that you have a business license, they do not discriminate against businesses that are not restaurants.

Non-for-profits with the proper paperwork can also get a membership.

You can also just register a business name with your state, - it doesn't have to be your BBQ name, in fact I just replaced "BBQ" with "Enterprises," and get a business license. $20 one time fee in our state (WA).

You do need to file a breif business tax return on an annual basis, but if you had no sales, it takes about 2mins to complete and mail.

Then take your state business license to RD and get your cards.

Does RD charge a membership fee if you just have a qualifying business and join?
Was the KCBS one free.

I could look it up, but I am lazy this PM :grin:

TIM

Well that sucks. But sounds like if you just go they might let you in. I was planning on going next week, guess I'll find out if they won't let me in!

They gave you a restaurant biz license without a health inspection? I went to mine and they said I couldn't get the license without the inspection. So since I didn't have a place to be inspected I thought that was it?

I registered my business as a private caterer, and no such health inspection was required.

However I did NOT get a food service license, just a tax permit basically. RD was happy with it.

Does RD charge a membership fee if you just have a qualifying business and join?
Was the KCBS one free.

I could look it up, but I am lazy this PM :grin:

TIM

RD charged me $0.00 for membership and two cards. :mrgreen:

It would have been nice for KCBS to give advance notice of this. I could have saved $35. I joined last year (and renewed this year) to get the discount prices for an annual fundraiser, so now I'm paying retail and also out an add'l $35. Seems that this sort of info would be worth mentioning to members.

This sucks. I love that place.
I don't know how you guys are just showing your cards. RD must be trained in your area. I always have to print out the coupon in Denver. Hopefully they figure it out. I consider this worth renewing my KCBS.

I got a free TIN from the IRS, took it RD and got a membership - they asked me how many cards I wanted. Didn't require a business license.

I got a free TIN from the IRS, took it RD and got a membership - they asked me how many cards I wanted. Didn't require a business license.

I tried it here with just my EIN, but no go, they wanted a biz license.

Guess it matters where you are at.

Back