Success at Last

1dusty00a

After Several Tries at getting a Handle on my UDS, Ribs, Brisket and Turkey Breast. I think I finally got my UDS under control!!!!!!! This might not be hard to for most but being a Truck Driver it it puts it in a different catagory (no Stick or 4 wheelers to avoid:grin:)

I got a Diffuser from Steve @ "Barrel Smokers" and Started the process as put forth by several Brothers. I'll try to narrate: Started with some Oakridge BBQ Comp rub overnight, Got my Mav 732 set up and the cooker set to 230F and was ready to Cook; For several Hours it was tough not to look at how it was progressing!!!!! But managed to restrain myself (along with the Mrses smackin my hands), and at 160F internal I got what I thought was a good start to a Love affair with my UDS:becky:. I used Several slices of Peach and Apple wood. :
The Smoke Flavor was delightful and it was probably the best Loin I have put out, cann't wait to try more Cuts!!!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=75317&stc=1&d=1359898029

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0062.jpg
    IMG_0062.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 145
Nice lookin loins. Your love affair might of been better if you pulled the loins @145. Porks minimum cook temp is 145 and it makes a huge difference on loins. You can literally cut it with a fork and is juicy like no other. Some people have a hard time transitioning to a med cooked pork, but if you can, good lordy it's wonderful.

Just want to add that I cann't say enough about the Oakridge BBQ Comp Rub!!!!!!!!!:clap: I cann't wait to try more of their Products!!!

SNIP
For several Hours it was tough not to look at how it was progressing!!!!!
END SNIP

It is tough not to look. I used to have that problem when I first started with the UDS too. The biggest thing I learned from many of the threads I have read is to just trust the UDS and let it do it's thing. I keep seeing the same quote over and over around here, "If you're lookin' you ain't cookin'."

Congrats on the cook, it looks great.

Last edited:
Back