Salmon on the Blackstone with Tropical Storm Winds

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was watching the weather this afternoon re: Tropical Storm Isaias and the effects it might have on tonite's dinner. Around 3 pm torrential downpours started and I thought dinner might have to be leftovers which wouldn't be a catastrophe. But I was really in the mood for salmon.

Fortunately, here in central Mass the skies cleared around 4:30 and we were good to go - with the exception of tropical storm force winds. Sustained around 30, gusting to nearly 40 mph. This could prove to be a struggle with the Blackstone, but we'll try to deal with it. Crank the temp a bit higher to compensate.

On today's dinner menu:

Salmon w/ Blackstone Tequila Lime seasoning
Cauliflower
Thinly Sliced Potatoes

Potatoes on first, followed immediately by the par-boiled Cauliflower and finally the Salmon -

moQlkXY.jpg

zry8jCT.jpg

0D6vIk9.jpg

Nearly done -

moQlkXY.jpg

zry8jCT.jpg

WXs8LSo.jpg

Dinner is served -

fGJResL.jpg

tM7PDUV.jpg

pg8zjid.jpg

pJayGLa.jpg

As good as it looks!

A slightly difficult cook on the Blackstone with the high winds and no wind guards, but I managed successfully.

Thanks for checking out tonite's Salmon dinner!

I hope everyone down the east coast made out ok with this storm.

Regards,
-lunchman

Dom, That is some fine looking Salmon!!:thumb::thumb: That tropical Storm didnt stand a chance when you fired up the Blackstone!!
We got grazed in its weakened state but actually nothing like what it did up the coast. Glad everything is ok in the aftermath.

Thanks all. It just occurred to me that I'd made a Mango Pineapple Salsa yesterday specifically for this dinner and completely forgot about it in the fridge. The pictures would have looked much better. Oh well, at least I can make use of it with the leftover salmon.

Looks great :thumb: I remember my first windy Blackstone cook, it did not go well. Eventually I learned that you can either wad up aluminum foil and fill in the gaps or kind of drape it over the side in a pinch.

I'm "blown away" by that salmon. (Sorry, I had to say it) Looks like you accepted the challenge that Mother Nature brought and you won.

love the color on the fish, what was the seasoning?

Tom, it's Blackstone Tequila Lime. I've seen it used on the Blackstone channel by Todd Toven, Nathan Lippy and Blackstone Betty and decided it was worth a try. I like the flavor of it. Wal-Mart should carry it.

Sorry for posting pictures of leftovers but I had to take a few pics of last nite's Salmon dinner with the Mango Pineapple Salsa.

Simple recipe. Fresh mango, fresh pineapple, diced red pepper, lime juice, parsley.

Some recipes contain diced red onion and jalapeno, but I tossed the red onion due to the recent salmonella scare and jalapenos weren't on the grocery list.

DUuwunH.jpg

MV7IWKs.jpg

This was just as good, if not better than it was yesterday. The Mango Pineapple Salsa really adds some freshness to the dish.

Thanks for putting up with pictures of leftovers. :tsk:

Regards,
-lunchman

I'm ashamed to admit I'm not much of a salmon fan, but man does that look awesome. Awesome enough that I'd give it a whirl!!! Thanks for sharing.

Back