View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #1
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil
Talking Who TF Spilled all this Beer?

First off. All I can say is.....

HOLY F'in Beer Mug Batman Look at Paypal!!!
You folks have been busy.. and all I can say is
THANK YOU.. OMG!

I was speechless this morning. I crashed early last night. I have been spending a load of time in the back of the site doing upgrades and changes and was not out front playing. Honestly I have not even gotten to read all the threads running. I felt it more important to get posting and acknowledge what you all have done.

First, I will answer some questions I have gotten or heard.

The spinning star: Them's the sheriffs. Only the mods have them.

The other small stars. Those are attached to the subscription system. There is green, blue, red, yellow and white.

The beer mugs.. Those were always attached to the donate button. If you donated to the forum, I bought you a beer. Those will be worked on(made smaller).. combined with Cabo bottles, and for us non drinkers...if anyone doesn't want a beer mug, i can replace it with a soda can. :) It actually started out as a small icon of the pig.. but it looked like a zit.

(Now, I have been around the internet and forums long enough. I understand that these little pictures get under some peoples skin. Its on lots of forums and theres always someone that it torques. All I can say is get over it. It makes things fun.. They are beer mugs, I bought someone a beer for helping us out with the forum. They deserve the acknowledgment and thats all it is. The are not ranks, badges, or trophies. They are symbols from the support staff as a thank you. It is NOT a detraction and no payments are mandatory around here. Enough said).

Donate button Vs. Subscriptions:
Well, The donate button has been there for years. Its a one shot deal that people have used to drop a few bucks into the fund I use to pay for all site related expenses. You hit it, type in the amount you want and it buys you a beer under your name. I never publicize it. I was just never comfortable pushing for donations.

The Subscription system has also been around since 2005, but I never activated it. It was not needed and I did not want us to seem like a pay site. Thats also the reason there is no banner advertising here. I was doing my best to keep us non commercial with no alliances.

The difference? Subscriptions add features, which you all already have, and it will ask you in a year if u want to renew. Donations are one shot deals and can be done any time. Subscriptions are at $20-$50-$100 for a year, and Donations can be anything you want. Both can be used at anytime also.

I will convert ALL donations over to subscriptions. If anyone DOES not want that to happen, post or send me a PM.

I am typing up the 'State of the Forum' address..it will explain the stuff and where this came from. I will post it tonight.. But holy crap guys.... Thank you ALL!!! At 3PM today, I sent our server support guy a nice big payment from us all. That was something bugging me for a few weeks and now its done.. he is very appreciative and SO AM I!!

I have a load of emails to get to, PMs are overwhelming and I know theres questions. I will finish my post and be back later. But again.. THANK YOU ALL.. and THANK YOU to Jay(ApiceWine), Millitant Squatter and NTHOLE for taking this on, as well as our other Purple guys.. I would never have just came out and asked to feed the kitty... its not in my nature.. . I had other things in mind to offset our costs and those guys just took the bull by the balls and went to you all.. They said it, and knew you would rise above, and I was just to proud to ask.. I am more proud to be a part of this group that ever before.. thank you all again for contributing to our site.. The funds are going exclusively to server support and forum upgrades.. this will help us ride an upcoming storm in hardware replacements. More details to follow.

Thank you all again.. and again.. more to come..

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote