Considering this table, what do the Brethren think???

Wager

Full Fledged Farker
hey guys, I'm a member on a fishing message board and one of the guys recently found this table. I have a VERY small setup, just a single e-zup two WSMs, a table, couple of coolers and a chair. I've been wanting some sort of table that might work for prep and slicing with running water for easier cleanup. What do you guys think of this table? Anyone have a table like this?

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Sho...g_googleproductextensions&kpid=12081405323510

I don't have one, but talked to somebody at a comp this year who does. They love it and strongly recommend it. It does make a lot of sense, as long as you have water hook ups.

I like it.
I also don't have one. We use a couple tables like that, but without the sink.

For us.....we don't use or need water really, or VERY LITTLE if we do.
We are pretty much completely disposable so I don't see the need for a sink, but it still looks like a great idea for those that would need one.

Looks decent, not heavy duty. If you are using just a few times a year, it looks good.

Sorry, I ain't feelin' it!

Been using a Coleman On Demand water heater, 3 buss tubs, drying rack, bleach bucket, 5 gallon Cambro for hand wash, that the fish cleaning station is something that does not fit in the scheme of things that would make my life any easier at a comp.

I've never cooked a comp anywhere with a hose to each site. I suppose if you had a 12V water pump and a tank to keep the flow going (seen that) it might be worth the hassle.

we setup an on demand hot water heater plumbed to a laundry slop sink. This looks like an easier solution...... just might not last too long reading the reviews but I like the premise

Looks like it would be very good for what it is designed for, but with such a shallow sink and no hot water, I wouldn't find it very useful for BBQ comps.

I'm not sure the sink is deep enough to wash a tuna fish can out.

I know it's a compromise all around, but I'm thinking that 2 contests down the road and you're looking at $100 of frustration.

I have one! Just got it, but if you have a Menards home improvement store near you, I picked my up for $60. I use it as my prep table. I am a short fella, so the height is perfect. for a taller guy, it might be a little short. Love it though!

Two things.

A - You have to have direct water connection for this to be useful. More and more we were seeing less and less water running through sites because so many people are bringing rigs now.

B - My experience with these types of things is that the connections are flimsy and break easily. We had something similiar and ended up replacing the faucet and the connection to the hose with actual kitchen hardware from the hardware store. We no longer even bring it.

Now, we just pre-trim and use disposable everything plus wear gloves. The only thing we really end up having to wash are knives and utensils. Go disposable, you'll be happier.

Sure the table could be useful for some.
Currently using the 3 buss tub Coleman water heater setup on a folding table method. Buss tubs are multi taskers serving as transport containers.

Back