Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kings Mountain, NC

U2CANQUE

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I am looking forward to warming up a little bit, and taking a road trip to NC. From what I have heard about the contest in the past it seems to be a great one...I know that a bunch of teams already plan on getting together Friday night and doing a pot luck dinner after the cooks meeting. I will be down there Thursday night so I can set up and get a good nights rest (only about 8.5 hour drive)....
Who else is going, or considering, or, has been in the past?

I'll be there. Sending in my entry tomorrow.
I'll be doing the 'pot luck' also.

Phew, was scared for a minute, no response.....lol....I am waiting to hear what the team count is up to now....last I heard it was over the 25

According to the site today (3/24/09) here are the teams thus far:
Smokey Mountain Boys Bobby Edders Carolina BBQDale Duckworth G B BBQGordon Gryant Smoky Mountain Smokers Joe Amore B.S. PitmeistersCharles FretwellBubba and Sons Larry BlackTwo Old Men and a GrillHoward WootenBobba's Back Yard BBQJerry Burgin Bub-Ba-Q William Latimer Sue E. PigSteve WainscottCheckered PigTommy HoustonBear Creek Cookers Michael HallmanButts and BreasttsShawn Creef Screamin Nite Hog BBQCharles WelchThem Ohio City Boys Robert Marion My Side of the Mountain Barbeque Gary Cline Pappa Smoke Henry F Griffin Bite Me BBQGarry EmoryBig E BBQ Eric Pardo Big Mo and the AHO BBQMorris HamptonSmoke This Scott Jarrett On the Spot BBQRonnie Bishop Tarheel Smokers Ray Murray Guilty Pig BBQ Team Chirs Allen Lazy Bones BBQ Gary Subblett B4BBQMike Volpe Triple J BBQPaul Mayes Pickin Porkers Roger WiseKings Cooking Smiling EDS BBQSteve Richardson

Last edited:
Thanks, didnt know that they had put that up there....had been checking the site for that.....
I swear we will catch up sometime before then Roger.....phone tag has been fun though.....

Smokey Mountain Boys Bobby Edders Carolina BBQDale Duckworth G B BBQGordon Gryant Smoky Mountain Smokers Joe Amore B.S. PitmeistersCharles FretwellBubba and Sons Larry BlackTwo Old Men and a GrillHoward WootenBobba's Back Yard BBQJerry Burgin Bub-Ba-Q William Latimer Sue E. PigSteve WainscottCheckered PigTommy HoustonBear Creek Cookers Michael HallmanButts and BreasttsShawn Creef Screamin Nite Hog BBQCharles WelchThem Ohio City Boys Robert Marion My Side of the Mountain Barbeque Gary Cline Pappa Smoke Henry F Griffin Bite Me BBQGarry EmoryBig E BBQ Eric Pardo Big Mo and the AHO BBQMorris HamptonSmoke This Scott Jarrett On the Spot BBQRonnie Bishop Tarheel Smokers Ray Murray Guilty Pig BBQ Team Chirs Allen Lazy Bones BBQ Gary Subblett B4BBQMike Volpe Triple J BBQPaul Mayes Pickin Porkers Roger WiseKings Cooking Smiling EDS BBQSteve Richardson

Damn brother... put some commas in there. LOL

Smokey Mountain Boys... Bobby Edders
Carolina BBQ... Dale Duckworth
G B BBQ... Gordon Gryant
Smoky Mountain Smokers... Joe Amore
B.S. Pitmeisters... Charles Fretwell
Bubba and Sons... Larry Black
Two Old Men and a Grill... Howard Wooten
Bobba's Back Yard BBQ... Jerry Burgin
Bub-Ba-Q... William Latimer
Sue E. Pig... Steve Wainscott
Checkered Pig... Tommy Houston
Bear Creek Cookers... Michael Hallman
Butts and Breastts... Shawn Creef
Screamin Nite Hog BBQ... Charles Welch
Them Ohio City Boys... Robert Marion
My Side of the Mountain Barbeque... Gary Cline
Pappa Smoke... Henry F Griffin
Bite Me BBQ... Garry Emory
Big E BBQ... Eric Pardo
Big Mo and the AHO BBQ... Morris Hampton
Smoke This... Scott Jarrett
On the Spot BBQ... Ronnie Bishop
Tarheel Smokers... Ray Murray
Guilty Pig BBQ Team... Chirs Allen
Lazy Bones BBQ... Gary Subblett
B4BBQ... Mike Volpe
Triple J BBQ... Paul Mayes
Pickin Porkers... Roger Wise
Kings Cooking Smiling EDS BBQ... Steve Richardson

There... now I'm happy. :rolleyes:

Finny is just showing that he has OCD.....from the trained professional.....:biggrin:

I'm not cooking , but I will be looking.
I live not too far from there so I will be wandering around looking for hand outs (of the snackable type ) and taking a gander at all the equipment.

will be in thursday night, hanging out all friday, cooks meeting, pot luck.....then the fun/stress.....
Have you competed before? If so, come on, could always use more teams....
stop by, have a chit....and a little chat......

Yeah, stop on by. I've got a friend from another forum helping me out. We've never cooked together so we may need a 'neutral party'. LOL

'Grillnut' (Clay) from the Primo Grill Forum.
He's a good guy and likes good beer (as do I). (is "as do I" correct?)

Well, they haven't updated the team list on the site since I sent in my entry :confused: ... I guess I'm cooking there. :rolleyes:

Back