View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #53
ecode
On the road to being a farker

Well, every year we do something for Chinese New Year, so this works out well. Usually, it involves Peking duck, but this year we made it a bit simpler. First off, I prepared some spare ribs. I marinaded these in hoisin sauce, plum sauce, oyster sauce, wine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, dry sherry, sesame oil, sriracha, five-spice powder, garlic, and ground ginger. I trimmed them and placed them in a very nice zip-lock bag (courtesy of Phubar).

While these were being prepped, I cooked up some pork char siu. I like to use tenderloins for this as it is less troublesome for my girls. I marinaded the loins for a day and grilled these for about 20 minutes.

I dice up the pork char siu, added some green onions, oyster sauce, honey, and corn starch to thicken

While I cooked the ribs, I prepped the dough for char siu bao. In the past I've made steamed baozi, but the baked bao go really well in the girls' lunches, so lately I've been doing that.

This dough is flattened

and filled with the pork

placed on a pan

and baked in my Oval after the ribs came off

We then had a nice little New Year's feast

and welcomed the New Year:

Thanks for looking!

MY Primo Oval, Fire Pit, Revolation Chocolate Temperer, Nesco Coffee Roaster,
Bray Coucke Mandolin, 2 KitchenAid Mixers, Cuisinart 14-cup Food Processor, Pie Irons
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->