• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber 26.75 now or wait

funugy

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I've been scouring C/L for a couple years now and have not found a used Weber 26 anywhere around me. Are they that hard to find used at a good price? Since we are at that time of year that we spend more time around the bbq I WANT another grill. I currently have a UDS and a Weber 22.5 otg. I am not sure if I should just bite the bullet and get the 26.75 at HD. The other option is to buy another 22.5 off of C/L as they seem to pop up every couple of months at a decent price.

Those of you that have the 26.75 and a 22.5, do you use the 22.5 much? Would you prefer to have 2 22.5's over one 26.75? I think I just might go and pick it up today, but I just hat paying full price for things like this. That and I have been jealous of all the farkers on here showing their latest C/L score. One day that will be me I'm tellin ya.

Advice, poking, prodding, pushing, etc expected and appreciated.

I have been looking really hard at the 26.75' at HD myself. I am interested to see the responses here.

What I'd REALLY like is a 26.75" Stainless Performer....

I have a 22.5", it's not big enough. I'm in the market for a 26.75", just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

If i needed another smoker (which i don't) and if i need a bigger smoker (which i don't) then i'd buy a 85 gallon drum and make it work just like a Big Poppa drum and have the charcoal basket come up and sit right below the cooking grate to grill and sear.

That way you got a bad a** huge drum smoker and also a grill all in one machine.

I love my 26" kettle. It isn't too large, you can just pile the coals to one side and cook over the coals for small cooks. If you like to go indirect on the kettle, it really frees up some space. The lid holder is angled much better than a performers holder. You don't see them used really because the people who get them don't get rid of them. I wish they made a performer version because I do love having the table on my performer. Just be cautious with the grates on them, Weber replacement grates are $100!

26'rs are hard to Come by. It seems like a member on Weber Kettle Club find's one only every few weeks. Typical asking price is 100-150 for the newer ones. Once you factor in the effort/luck and waiting time, OR cost to ship of a used one from another location then You're likely better off buying new. There's a guy in TN that clearances 26.75 closeouts for ~200 regularly if you know someone that can grab and ship it. Good luck

Glad to know I'm not the only one that really wants one, but can't find'em used.

Since I got my 26.75 my 22.5 hasn't seen a lot of action. I mainly keep it for the rotis ring and the fact that it was my first real grill (got it in '93). The 26.75 is crazy versatile with plenty of room for multiple temp zones. I love that thing.

But if anybody knows where I can score a Ranch Kettle....

I just bought my weber 22.5 kettle about 3 weeks ago and I have only had time to cook on it once but I already love it! However, by the end of the summer I should have a better idea if it is enough grill space for me.

I'm waiting for a Ranch to show up near me. :-D

Yeah, if I happen to see one in the $600 range I think I might pull the trigger on it. The only problem is I can't even find a 26.75, so finding the Ranch would be my white whale for sure.

I just bought my weber 22.5 kettle about 3 weeks ago and I have only had time to cook on it once but I already love it! However, by the end of the summer I should have a better idea if it is enough grill space for me.

They are great grills for sure. Most of my cooking is done with a sear at the end if needed. I tend to cook more than is needed, just in case of that unexpected guest, but most times just so I can have leftovers. My problem is I run out of room at times between the meat, veggies, apps, etc.

Since I got my 26.75 my 22.5 hasn't seen a lot of action. I mainly keep it for the rotis ring and the fact that it was my first real grill (got it in '93). The 26.75 is crazy versatile with plenty of room for multiple temp zones. I love that thing.

But if anybody knows where I can score a Ranch Kettle....

That is exactly what I was thinking. I think I would hold onto the 22.5 for as long as I can stand, for those just in case situations when I need even more room. When I first started looking at the 26.5 I just wanted more room, then my local HD just started carrying them within the last year or so, and I found out that they are much beefier than the smaller models. I can't imagine the Ranch being even heavier duty.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I have multiple kettles and doing multiple chickens or other things for me is fun trying to keep everything balanced, however if that is not for you then get the 26" and call it good :thumb: p.s if it were me get the 26" that way one will come up on C/L:heh:

Years ago I was hung up on gas grills because they heated faster. Then I discovered this site and the joys of charcoal and how to heat it FAST. I have a 22" silver and a gold kettles and I buy them or salvage them whenever I can. I am hooked on weber kettles!

I have multiple kettles and doing multiple chickens or other things for me is fun trying to keep everything balanced, however if that is not for you then get the 26" and call it good :thumb: p.s if it were me get the 26" that way one will come up on C/L:heh:
Ron--COLD DEAD HANDS...that's all I'm gonna say:becky:

Get the 26er its the perfect grill, imho its a 26.75 Master touch grill. Since getting my 26 back in late o9 or early 10 i have not used my WSM or my 2 other 22" kettles. The 26er does it all. I got it on clearance at Academy for $118.00 plus tax.

You NEED the 26.75! I eased the pain when I got my 26.75 by cashing in some rewards points, ordered it from Home Depot and cut $120 off the price with the rewards points.

I've thought long and hard, and I'd take a 26" over a Ranch Kettle. Problem with the Ranch Kettle is how much fuel it takes to heat that sucker up, and I don't tend to grill *that* much. It's the sort of thing that would be useful to me once or twice a year, but my 22" ends up being too small and I have to cook in batches a dozen or more times a year. That tells me I need to just go one size bigger.

I've always wanted a 26'er, hard to justify with all of the kettles I already have, and honestly I use my latest find the most an 18.5 OTG!

Back