Superbowl wings

bearohs

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am looking for input on wings.. Of course did my searching here and have both the option to grill on gas, or put in the smoker. Not sure what temp the SS2 is good up to, but I am guessing 350 ish.

Anyhow I want a "hot wing". Not looking for a bbq like smoke, but rather a good hot sauce like wing that isn't fried..

I always usually have a crap load of Franks RedHOT, and there was a sale on the buffalo sauce..

So looking for some input for the game..

Cook them at 350 deg till they are done, then sauce em before removing from grill/smoker. That won't work?

I did the Oakridge wings and the hot sauced wings last year, and the Oakridge wings disappeared first. I also sauced a few of the Oakridge wings for me, and they were outstanding! But I like mine hot...

apl's all the way....
bone suckin hab. sauce with butter!

Need to brine the wings first:

3 cups of water
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 cup of Franks

Brine for about 2 hours.

Sauce:
2 cups Frank's Red Hot
3/4 stick of unsalted butter
Half a beer
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 jalepeno pepper grilled and de-skinned then pureed. Use a hotter pepper if that's your style.

Melt butter and add Frank's. When it is well mixed, stir in other ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.

Throw wings on grill, low to medium heat. After about 25 minutes start to baste with sauce. It will carmelize quite nicely. When wings are done toss in sauce and serve immediately.

One of my favorites right now is taking a jar of Texas Pepper Jelly Pineapple Habenero and blending with a 1/2 cup of honey to thin it down. Yum

just ordered the oakridge rub.. love their products gonna have to experiement I reccon.

Sounds like most think this is best cooked over the gas grill than the SS2?

I did teriyaki wings on my Weber last year for the SB. I will be doing them again this year. They are pretty awesome especially with home made sauce.

Regards,

John

Try these took 4th within 2 or 3 points out of 1st in a comp last year near buffalo NY. Split your wings if not already done so. Cost with olive oil then you can add a dry rub that has a little kick on the back end. Cook in smoker near 2-2 1/2 hrs around 275-300. Then you can place in high heat or under a broiler to crisp them up. When down you can serve just as, mix franks hot sauce with butter and give them a shake in there or melt some pepper jelly and coat them. Either way all three are good. Personally I like just the dry rub. Good luck

Back