Had frog legs tonight

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
WEnt to a bbq this evening and they were smoking some frog legs. and also battered and fried some and dipped in hooters wing sauce. My first time to ever try em.. THey were damn tasty. also had some brisket and chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with jalapeno, and some ABTs.

Any of yall ever do Frog Legs or have any good recipes or rubs/sauces for em?

We used to eat 'em a lot. I used to love to go frog gigging. We always just fried them. I did have then at a Thai restaraunt on time and they were really good.

In Boy Scouts we used to spear them then clean them up and sautee' in garlic butter over a campfire using a cast iron skillet for a snack. I usually order them if they are on the menu. When I go out to eat, I like to order stuff I normally don't make at home.

Oh YUMMY!!!!!
Frog legs are great!
I even thought of cooking them for an "Anything but" comp some day.

See KickAss's site-he has a great writeup on them if I remember correctly.

TIM

Frog legs are good eats! The bigger the better. I had some at a little place in St. Thomas one year and they were called "Kermit's Kickers" on the menu.

We would eat them fried. We would gig them out in East Texas.

I like frog legs but, I can't get the image out of head of my grandmother killing the frogs before she cleaned them....she would reach into the bucket, grab one by its legs and give it a good whack to the head on the corner of the house.....she had one hell of a backhand swing!:shock: :biggrin:

We usually fry them just like fish. We had some for supper a few weeks back. We went to Shoney's for their saefood buffet down at the Lake of the Ozarks and there was an unlimited supply hot and fresh. When we left I was hoppin to the truck I ate so many. Good Eats for sure!

They are on most all the seafood buffets around here. Frog legs, fried oysters, fried and boiled shrimp, catfish and usually gumbo.

I like them fried too. Usually with a heavier batter than fish or shrimp so the meat kind of steams inside batter while cooking.

Yea these guys that cooked em are doing em for an anything but next weekend in throckmorton. one guy is cookin the mountian oysters another chicken another brisket and the other ribs and the legs. im gonna go down and drink beer and check it out. it is their first comp i believe. They are also doin chili. That is there main thing is chili cookoffs. they do them alot.

Only time I ever had them, a neighbor had grilled them. I remember them as being tasty.

We usually fry them just like fish. We had some for supper a few weeks back. We went to Shoney's.

Man, I worked at a Shoney's in KY. for awhile.
The first ingredient on all their boxed stuff was gelatinized wheat starch.

The kids working there had no idea about real food.
By the time I left I had them all calling the food things like blow chunks, flappers, what have you.

BOT:Never have tried frogs legs though.

Like most, we fry them up here. My brother is a big frog gigger, and he saves all he gets 'till the end of the season and has a big frog leg feed. I bring a pile of fresh caught catfish and we are in business. Good stuff!!!

I've only ever had them in France, it's not like there is much of a Market for them here in the UK, and then I've only had them fired in garlic and butter.

You'd have to use a subtle wood when smoking them or you'd loose the flavour of the meat.

Back