F.B.A. Funcook congradulations

B

big daddy Q

Kevin @ Homebbq.com has been elected new president of the F.B.A. Hats off to him. He also came in first at the funcook with dixie boys second and SMOKIN CRACKER third. It was A very,very, eventful weekend one to remember!

Thanks for the post.

From the FBA website, here are the rest of the officers for 2007.

Congratulations to the newly elected Officers and Directors for 2007 - Kevin Bevington, president; Toni Holbrook, vice-president; Ida Isaacs, secretary; Ricky Ginsburg, treasurer and Rob Bagby, Mike Leonardo, and Walt Loftin, directors. The officers and directors will be sworn in at the Celebrate Last Year Party in early January.

That makes Kevin (HomeBBQ), Mike (Woodhouse/BBQMAN), and Walt (Pork Avenue) all Brethren on the board.
Good representation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to all.

Big Daddy--drop into "Cattle Call" and tell the rest of the folks about yourself.
Welcome aboard here!!

TIM

I guess that's a good thing for all the others out there in the competition area since Kevin won't be competing against them now.

Congratulations Guys. That's really great.

Congrats Kevin....Good luck in your role.

Aside from lack of time, are there specific rules that prohibit an officer/board member from competing ?

I don't knwo the rules but would think since it's a blind judging like in KCBS rules, there's no way to know who's is who's. I would think it would be more an issue of not having the time to put into competing.

Thx Jim, and everybody. It was an eventful weekend to say the least. Let's see, we had a flood, fire, tree limb in a windshield, a golf cart accident... Did I miss anything?

And I will always compete John... I would not have run for this position if I could not compete...

A cut finger! It was a great Fun Cook and I am honored to have been chosen to be on next years Board.

Walt

Back