• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Do You Like This Site?????

Love the Site!

Love the new site but i'm finding it difficult to post a new topic. Obviously I can reply but...
I thought I was fair proficient in these matters, help!

Love the new site but i'm finding it difficult to post a new topic. Obviously I can reply but...
I thought I was fair proficient in these matters, help!

Open up the forum you want to post in, then hit the "new Thread" button on the left side just above the forum description box.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 136
Brethren we are spoiled, spoiled I tell ya!

This is my first experience with forums but based on the positive experience I've joined a few more on specific topics (tractors, Ford diesels, welding and the like). So, when I started considering a significant investment in a new machine for the metal shop I went looking for a metal fabrication forum to ask a few questions. Yep, found "the worlds largest metal forum of metal fabricators", so I signed up. It took a few days for the admins/mods to approve my membership and once I had access, come to find out the "the worlds largest metal forum of metal fabricators" premier forum (kinda like our QTalk) has 73 total posts (ever), no new posts since July and not even a spot to announce yourself as a newbie.

Oh well, I guess it ain't fair to compare anywhere else to here, the admins & mods are great and even if you post a cheeseburger fail cook you will get 73 responses.

Do I like the site, yep, I REALLY like this forum and all y'all that interact to make it so great.

I let my subscription lapse and then got distracted from what is important in life.

Burnt a number of bridges along the way, but looking to make things right again.

Thank you to Phil and the mods for keeping this speeding train on the tracks all these years. Its a testament to your love for the craft/sport of BBQ, and shows how much you care about the people here.

Thank you

I like it, but would like it better if basic search and post counts were available to non-subscribers. Guess I'll try a subscription to taste the full range of the forum.

You do have a post count, it's 2! :becky:

If you click on your name in the top left corner of your post, the drop down menu will offer you a few choices. The top one is "View Public Profile". Click on that and it goes to your profile page. If you look in the top right corner of that you will see your mini statistics. It tells you your join date (07-05-13) and below that is your post count. Another way to get to that page is click on "User CP" in the top left of the banner of any page, it will go to your User Control Panel. Just below there in the next section you will see "Your Control Panel" and below that Your Profile is underlined and it's clickable. Click on it and it and your post count will show in the top right corner. Not only do you learn better cooking skills here, you learn better online skills. Wait until you enter a Throwdown and learn to post photos in a cook thread! You can find the TD section from the link in my signature that starts with "Inspiration, boisterous merriment….."

Cant see my post?

I made a post in Q-Talk asking for suggestions on Brisket and cant see my thread when Im in that forum, is this something normal for new guys?

When I joined, that first payment to join was painful. That is what education can be sometimes and then one day when the light goes on learning becomes accelerated and money starts rolling in and out. Its great to be able to give back. Lots of good memories in here and more to learn for sure!

If you go up to the top blue lined banner, to the right, you will see "Purchase Subscription". Click on it and you will land on the page that explains the different subscriptions and what they cost. My subscription renewal date is this month and I will renew with glee. I thought I was a good cook before I joined this forum….. now I feel I'm miles and miles past that! Not just from learning to smoke and BBQ meat but from cooking all kinds of things. Entering Throwdowns (see my signature for the link) is a fantastic way to become a better cook, especially entering your TD disasters and asking for help from the membership. Reading cook threads is great but nothing teaches a person like doing. :becky:

I'll be honest in the fact that I took this place (and the people and their expertise) for granted for around 2 years.

If my wife has to hear me say, "I found a great new recipe/technique/dry rub/meal idea/whatever from my barbecue forum website" ONE MORE TIME, I think I'll lose a limb.

25 USD per year is worth every penny...

Thanks, Poobah, for keeping this place up and running to help so many of us amateur cooks learn and feel like we have a little bit of expertise in something!

Best regards from the Pacific,
Shadow

Back