Dry Brisket

If I read your original post correct you wrapped when you went to hold it. If thats the cse you might try wrapping in the cooking process this will help hold the moisture inside before it is dry.

I like the idea of separating the point from the flat to help breakdown the fat some more. I will also try foiling at 160F with some sort of liquid. BTW I am not a peeker. Look'n ain't Cook'n

There is a lot of good advice here - and not everyone is on the same page, but that's normal here :) One thing that I can advise above what has been said before is to experiment a bit and find out what works in your smoker. I'm becoming a big fan of hot and fast brisket cooking, but those require a lot more trimming. I'm not a foil-man, but have had to on occasion, depending on how the meat's cooking. Also, remember every piece of meat is different, but you'll soon learn when to start watching them closely (by feel, not temp) - and remember, too, that it's done when it is done, not when the thermometer says so. One thing about it, learning to cook brisket is a tasty process :)

Back