4th of July Pot Roasted Leg Of Lamb

Last edited:
Mint jelly?!?:shock: That's like buying salsa from New York City!

Yup. That was the way my mother did lamb. Cooked until it was a nasty grey inside and slathered with mint jelly. She was also of the school that cooks vegis to mush. I didn't have a clue to what lamb lollipops where until I was in my 30s, let alone what a properly cooked leg of lamb tasted like.

Wow, that looks great.

A friend of mine is "blessed" (cursed is the better word!) with AB- blood type, so lamb is one of the few meats she should be able to eat. She doesn't like lamb, but wants to taste it if I smoke it (no one here does that).

So I will have to have a go at either a leg or a rack one day...

I forgot to say, the rub on the lamb is Oakridge BBQ's Black Ops. It's not just for beef! It matched wonderfully with the lamb. My only regret is that I'm now out and will have to order more. I believe the Black Ops is my favorite savory rub now.

I just got some of this in my Oakridge sampler from Big Poppa's. Can't wait to try it.

PS Lamb looks awesome.

I call "B.S."

Until you move to STL and cook me something that looks this fantastic, I'm going to firmly believe this was an elaborate Photoshop conspiracy.

This appears too good to be true. Thank you Sir, and have a nice day.

It looks amazingly good!!!!!! How long did it take for the whole cook more or less?

It was.:mrgreen: Not counting prep time, the cook took about 2.5~3 hours. I rested under foil to keep the veggies hot. Almost a mistake for the lamb though because it let it climb into medium territory under the foil. But, the taste and texture were still outstanding.

Back