Boneless Beef Short Ribs with a old friend

Ross in Ventura

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The first time used Southern Flavor was in 1990 Selma Alabama, I was working on the movie Blue Sky with Jessica Lang and Tommy Lee Jones. The first thing I would do when I arrived on a movie location is go by a Weber BBQ sense I was going to be there 8 weeks I would be able to cook food I liked, something Grilled meat, veg. and so on. I went to a small market Selma that I forgot the name of and found some filet mignon all ready seasoned I asked the butcher what it was seasoned with he said a special seasoning they used I bought 2 filet's and some corn to grill. The flavor was wonderful, Be for I just used salt, pepper and garlic on the meat. During the first week I asked the local folks what kind of seasoning they used in that area they all said Southern Spice later changed to Southern Flavor it's still works really well on beef and pork. I found some at that same store, I'm still using it.
The first time used Southern Flavor was in 1990 Selma Alabama, I was working on the movie Blue Sky with Jessica Lang and Tommy Lee Jones. The first thing I would do when I arrived on a movie location is go by a Weber BBQ sense I was going to be there 8 weeks I would be able to cook food I liked, something Grilled meat, veg. and so on. I went to a small market Selma that I forgot the name of and found some filet mignon all ready seasoned I asked the butcher what it was seasoned with he said a special seasoning they used I bought 2 filet's and some corn to grill. The flavor was wonderful, Be for I just used salt, pepper and garlic on the meat. During the first week I asked the local folks what kind of seasoning they used in that area they all said Southern Spice later changed to Southern Flavor it's still works really well on beef and pork. I found some at that same store, I'm still using it.
https://www.southernflavor.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=62

Two boneless short ribs, I bought a package of them at Costco the rest are in the freezer and with Southern flavor seasoned 2-hrs be for grilling

On the grill @ 500*

After 12-min. looking good

After 3-min. with olive oil and Newman's Balsamic Dressing and

Served with baked potato butter sour cream and bacon bits. It dose not get much better than this

Thanks for looking

Ross

Those looks amazing I like to serve mine with a Chianti reduction, a little goes a long way to accent and highlight the flavor of the ribs, your look terrific.

Ross that looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for the heads up on the Southern Flavor, I will definitely give it a try!

Now that I think about it, Tuscaloosa Q also mentioned that he uses this rub too. I meant to buy some awhile back and forgot! Will get that done today. lol

Thanks again Ross!

Ross that looks and sounds delicious! Thanks for the heads up on the Southern Flavor, I will definitely give it a try!

Now that I think about it, Tuscaloosa Q also mentioned that he uses this rub too. I meant to buy some awhile back and forgot! Will get that done today. lol

Thanks again Ross!
Thanks Jeanie,it's a good one I have been using it 20 or so years give it a try:clap2:

Ross

Thanks Jeanie,it's a good one I have been using it 20 or so years give it a try:clap2:

Ross

Ross I'm looking forward to trying it! Have you used the Wild Game flavor too? If so... did you like it?
Thanks again. :grin:

Ross I'm looking forward to trying it! Have you used the Wild Game flavor too? If so... did you like it?
Thanks again. :grin:
No I have not I have used the original,garlic, and Cajun all very good I have never used the wild game! I I had some wild game I would get some the are all good:clap:

Ross

I love the Southern Flavor stuff. One word of caution, it is SALTY. It's a season salt after all. I always get the 3 pack of regular, garlic and cajon. Not tried the wild bird stuff as I do not cook wild bird, but if I did, I would definately try it.

Southern Flavor was at one time the go to rub here on the forum back in the beginning when we were still the Bandera Brethern. Brother Bill, wilkat98 used to send new members a package of the stuff.

BOT: I wanna be like Ross when I grow up. Great job as always Ross.

Blast from the past, there! I've got some left from the old days, but it IS salty so it doesn't get used so much anymore. And it's great to see you, Ross! Excellent pr0n!

Back