View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 08:21 AM   #13
Shooter1
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
I have been preaching the "quality over quantity" message for years. I own very few things, but when I do buy stuff, I go for quality. I have friends who tell me they can't afford the stuff I own, but they have big houses FULL of a lot of cheap chit.

I paid 400 bucks for a lawn mower in 1986. It finally died 23 years later. I also "overpaid" for my redhead Weber Master Touch in 1995 -- I still have it.

My dad learned the hard way that my purchase strategy was a better way. He bought a Weber Genesis over ten years ago, and he has not had to make a single repair on it.

Weber gets people like me. Charge a premium price for a premium product, then provide premium customer service. In the long run, buying quality is cheaper than the low-cost alternative, IMO.

CD
I couldn't have said it any better Brother. I am always getting crap from people about how much I pay for things when I could get some other brand for so much cheaper. I do the research and buy quality products and pay the price. I have one friend who's wife alone makes more than my wife and I. I bought my Weber Genesis 20 years ago and he thought I was crazy paying $500.00 for a grill. I can't even tell you how many cheap grills he has purchased in that time and how much money he has wasted.