• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Trailer/ Truck

Hey Joe - I'm in a similar situation, setting up a food truck out here in the Peoples Republic of Western Washington....

I looked at the Fast Eddies and while I like the idea, the width of the unit and the need to access the firebox from the side are deal breakers. I may have narrowed it down to the Ole' Hickory CTO.

http://www.olehickorypits.com/PitModels/Convecture Tri Oven.aspx

As it will be inside the truck I like that it uses gas rather than electricity and will not need it's own separate flu as they would require here for any "solid fuel appliance" (which the FECs are as they use pellets as the heat source). On the other hand, you can also use it as a stick burner for competition.

The FEC 120 must be operated under a hood if it is inside due to the exhaust.
Makes it pricey unless you are doing a large hood already.

FEC 100 can be vented directly through a wall (like mine) or through the roof.

Beyond that, don't know what to suggest since you do not want pellets anyway.

Good Luck

TIM

I use southern pride...all nsf....and I cook while rolling down the road..they have a smaller unit also..I have Sp 500 and 700 and are real work horses...

I use southern pride...all nsf....and I cook while rolling down the road..they have a smaller unit also..I have Sp 500 and 700 and are real work horses...

Wait..... with a SP you can actually have the thing cooking WHILE you are driving? Am I reading that right?

yep...I have an on board gen set..or a long extension cord..
Joe....I have not been too happy with some of the new Bills coaches until I see what you guys hired...What the heck is the matter with the Bills and Jets?? Glad we know our job...

Back