• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pitmaster T Video Test - Steak in HD

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Railroad Steak/Ocean Liner Steak

I call it that because of all my equipment... its the only way I like a steak.

This is done not for cooking knowledge but to test my HD and editing equipment. I should have color corrected.

http://youtu.be/wio7smzWMe0

Be sure and toggle the little gear up to 720 HD or even higher.

Looks great. I hear ya on the color correction - looked a little desaturated esp. on the closeups of the pan and plates - easily fixable by pumping up the chroma. The quality of picture was very good - I watched it at full screen 1080. The lens made your belly look a little large though.

The steak look fantastic. I got pretty excited when the butter came into the scene, as I usually do.

Looks great. I hear ya on the color correction - looked a little desaturated esp. on the closeups of the pan and plates - easily fixable by pumping up the chroma. The quality of picture was very good - I watched it at full screen 1080. The lens made your belly look a little large though.

The steak look fantastic. I got pretty excited when the butter came into the scene, as I usually do.

http://youtu.be/v_siEEzRPyo

my belly IS large. LOL

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I shouldn't have watched that before lunch. That steak will be way better than anything I have. :thumb:

HD or no HD, those steaks look fantastic.... and I've got leftover meatloaf heating up in the oven. :tsk:

NICE!!! I like a good steak on a griddle too. I've never tried the butter or garlic. That is on my to do list. I like some heat, I'm thinking of maybe adding a few jalapeno slices to the butter too.
Cool new vids too.

Bob

Excellent video Donny!
Would love to try the garlic and butter covered steak once.

Dam it "T" Now I have to go buy some ribeyes to try that Rail Road style. I do the preheated 500 deg CI skillet as a norm in the house. Oh and I like the vid that new gear is a winner.

Good video - but what's with the haze, especially on the left side of the screen while you're cooking?

Thats a problem. There is a first video I made but I rejected it cuz like a jackass I tilted the pan to the side instead of toward the camera....

the haze is due to the grease spatter. The first one is clearer until the end.

Now this is the problem that I need to figure out around.. and I think I can. This puppy shoots at incredibly high def but has no zoom so I have to get close. There is another vid out there but the guy is not writing me back. I am amazed just how close you have to get. But the cool thing is when I learn Premiere Pro I am sure will be able to get a production zoom, even though the clarity will be lower... which is not such a big deal because the video itself is so high res.... MUCH higher than you guys can see on your screen.

I shouldn't have watched that before lunch. That steak will be way better than anything I have. :thumb:

Normally my class behaves and walks in a nice line down the halls so they normally go first to lunch. The other day they didn't and I made walk 1/3 of the way then turn back to the class. They had to pass all the normally slow to behave classes and while all the BAD classes went to lunch before them... I had the buttery part on to watch.

It was torture...

but then again... its why Mr. T always has the best lines going to and from lunch.

Back