View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #13
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well I picked up the steel, 1/4" and precut to size for me. The guys at the local fab shop are great!
The total for the firebox and plate for the RF as well as a 6 5/8 od pipe was just under $200. I've got some old gas pipe I'm using for the legs so that was free I know we all like that

Here's a pic of the front of the firebox. The wider side will be the hinge side and at the back of the smoker. The plate is just set on top for now and still need to weld in the last piece for the front

Here's a side view. As you can see I've made the top of the firebox long enough to reach the far side of the smoker as the plate. Figured this would be the best way to do it.

All the welds will be inside for a better look, except the back plate. I might, if I can reach weld it from the inside. But I want to be able to slide it up in place and mark my hole then cut it out.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote